Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #21
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I would also like to see an adrienne barbeau PF.
Or just a bust
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:51 PM   #22
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Or just a bust
Lol,
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #23
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Too bad Sideshow got this. I don't expect much from their head sculpts of real people. Even if they're done by someone so incredibly talented like Trevor Grove, they're always let down by those lackluster paint apps.

And frankly, I don't trust their design choices when it comes to poses, either.

This is an old 'smallish' license that I hoped Blitzway would have gotten hold of, just like they had Scarface.

Oh, well.
I agree to an extent. Their Jack Sparrow sculpts are a great example of this. They just can't deliver on realistic paint applications.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #24
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

a SP PF wold be pretty killah.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #25
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Maybe they should do Captain Ron too.
It's what happened to Snake if the war never happened.

CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #26
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Love the Escape From New York movie and the Snake Plissken character, so I would definitely like to have a PF or even a Plissken PF.

On another note what's with all of the people coming in and saying "Pass"? If you have no interest in the movie or the character why even bother posting anything? It's not like there's an existing statue to critique.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #27
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
Love the Escape From New York movie and the Snake Plissken character, so I would definitely like to have a PF or even a Plissken PF.

On another note what's with all of the people coming in and saying "Pass"? If you have no interest in the movie or the character why even bother posting anything? It's not like there's an existing statue to critique.
Seems to me (like we have never seen this comment before ) that when someone posts something about a movie, TV, comic character, video game character, or whatever, they are looking for opinions on what the statue collecting world thinks. So if that's all you want is all the "oh yeah" comments then what's the point of even asking. Besides, statue company reps do frequent this forum and frequently use this forum and it's members responses as a gauge for the popularity of various characters. So if some says "Underdog" on only 10 to 20 members say "oh yeah I'd buy that" but the majority of others who would say "no I wouldn't buy it" don't respond, what's that say to the manufacturers. "Hey guys, everyone says they want one! Let's make one". And then they are stuck with stuff they can't sell.

Enough of my rant. If you expect no negatives in a forum, best to go to SM where they don't allow negative votes/comments.

I'm done.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #28
JonZ
Doh!

I'd probably pick up a PF of Snake...but only if the head sculpt was done correctly. If they do make one, hopefully they will have Trevor Grove do the sculpting.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #29
kaza5555
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Seems to me (like we have never seen this comment before ) that when someone posts something about a movie, TV, comic character, video game character, or whatever, they are looking for opinions on what the statue collecting world thinks. So if that's all you want is all the "oh yeah" comments then what's the point of even asking. Besides, statue company reps do frequent this forum and frequently use this forum and it's members responses as a gauge for the popularity of various characters. So if some says "Underdog" on only 10 to 20 members say "oh yeah I'd buy that" but the majority of others who would say "no I wouldn't buy it" don't respond, what's that say to the manufacturers. "Hey guys, everyone says they want one! Let's make one". And then they are stuck with stuff they can't sell.

Enough of my rant. If you expect no negatives in a forum, best to go to SM where they don't allow negative votes/comments.

I'm done.
I disagree with this statement. As far as I am concern, "pass" is an insult in this hobby. I always roll my eyes every time I see one. Every one has different taste and it belittles others interests, even though it's not directed at the collector, but with what he or she likes to collect. After all, this blog isn't asking if Sideshow should pick up the Snake Plissken license. It's already green lit and you're stating that if no one shows interest, that they should kill it.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #30
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'll buy one if they make it. I ordered the 1/6. I'm all in for the PCS The Thing line as well.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote