Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
JQBATMAN
Doh!

DC Collectibles Batman: Black and White series Joker by Brian Bolland

DC Collectibles continues to impress the collectors with their latest installment to the Batman Black and White series. The newest statue to the group is The Joker with art inspired by Brian Bolland and sculpted by Brian Fay. Brian Bolland brought to us the definitive Joker story, BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE. The Black and White series is a collection of comic stories drawn in, as you would imagine, black and white. DC Collectibles has done a fine job of recreating Batman and his rogues in perfect essence to the Black and White genre. This particular inspiration was from Legends of the Dark Knight #50.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Joker1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	75270

Packaging:
The statue comes in a DC Collectibles style packing with the new “Peel Back” look. I am still getting used to the “New DC” box style, the whole peel pack look is nice on the statue boxes, but not on the action figure boxes. There are some great concept art pictures along with the up and coming releases from the line. The interior packing has your standard Styrofoam that has the base separated from the statue. The statue connects to the base via a peg in the base to the hole in the foot of the statue.

Name:	Joker2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	75271

The Statue:
The Joker is painted in the same black, grey, and white scheme that all the others in the line have. The details of the statue’s facial features and to the cat are uncanny. It was as if the statue popped out of the picture. The statue stands at approx. 7.6 inches tall upon its oval Bat symbol base. This is Bolland’s second statue in this series as pictured below you will see the Batman next to the Joker inspired by his art. I love the detail on the cat, and Jokers suit in this statue. Would I call this my favorite of the three statues Joker statues thus far? Yes! Price:
Retail for this item at your local comic shop will run you $80-$89. The price point is on point due to the amount of detail you can see was put into this statue. Online outlets may allow you to get a deal less than the retail but with this being a newer item that has been the going price for this item.

Name:	Joker3.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	75272

Name:	Joker4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	75273

Overall:
This statue is a fine addition to the Black and White series and is currently the third version of Joker released by this series. I’d highly recommend this for any Batman or Joker fan. These look amazing together. As you can see from the pictures, they are works of art.

Name:	JokerCompare.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	75274
JQBATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote