Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2014, 08:09 PM   #351
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
I wanted to get this but I'm tapped out right now with pre orders and flex payments and SDCC 14 is around the corner! Wish I made millions like Chris(says jokingly). Just messing with ya Chris you da man!

Sarah

I'm sure SDCC will have so many new things everyone's wallets will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
Looks like the factory forgot to paint the lips, nose and ears on your bust Atheris
No they got it right, almost all the pics I've seen online from the movie show her ears, nose and lips to be painted a very subtle pink. In some scenes there's no pink at all and in other scenes it appears she's wearing bright pink lipstick. They got it just right I think, I was worried when I ordered this they would have those parts painted so bright and thick she would look like showgirl. I think it's pretty accurate.

Quote:
Yeah after looking at other i would agree Chris take some closer pictures and if it doesn't look as prominent in those areas i would contact sideshow, you paid too much money for it not to look like that! Looks like it should be more purple in ears and lips than what it is.. And also is that indent on right cheek suppose to be like that?? LOoks like someone dug fingernail into her right cheek

Sarah
Normally I would, but as I said above I think we're good on this one. The lighting it messing with the colour. The scar on her face is suppose to be there, just like in the movie. I'm glad they didn't overlook that little detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Chris watch out. Some dodgy looking crim in a hoodie is about to steal your bust

Yes but let's see him get past my 3 headed guard dogs, pet T-Rex and sharks with lazer beams on their heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
They might be right Chris. Compare your pics on page 33 to the pics above yours on the same page. The lips, nose, and ears, on yours don't hardly have any pigment color compared to the other pics. It might just be your pics. Not sure.
Ya I just checked them out, lighting is definitely playing tricks here. Mine seems like a lighter application which is actually how it appeared in the movie. But Obi's darker pics are making her lips look brighter for some reason?

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #352
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
No i just was unsure thats why i asked about scar, i didnt remember if she had that there or not and your pictures above prove that, nice!! Well maybe his is great than, just thought it was suppose to be more purple like the other one on ears and lips because his looked lot more blue than purple but its tough to see from pictures!! Chris's still looks off on the color from pictures imo still….But From movies caps looks like they nailed her likeness!!!

What do you guys think of the base that own this or have seen it ??? I love how they incorporated the tree with the base and the back of her! They put lots of hard work in this one if you ask me and the price warrants that and its sheer size! Looks great, if this one would of had Acrylic eyes than it would of been instant order and on flex but had and have to wait!! But this one is one of best looking life size busts that they've done and some day will be in our collection! We have around ten (10) life size busts and i think this will be our 11th ……someday!! Congrats to all you guys who have this great piece of art!!! Cant believe it took them 15 years to make first Avatar movie, just hope we see Avatar 2 before 2030!!

Sarah
Maybe off a little. I think the lips are fine, but the ears could be a little darker. It's to simple a fix for me to pack this back up and send it back. I got a good buddy who's a painter that lives about 10 minutes from me and could touch this up in 5 minutes.

So it's no biggie for me. I just want an Jake bust to go with her now. You're right, for one of the biggest movies of all time there are hardly any collectibles for it

Chris
Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #353
Figurefreaks
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:

What do you guys think of the base that own this or have seen it ??? I love how they incorporated the tree with the base and the back of her! They put lots of hard work in this one if you ask me and the price warrants that and its sheer size! Looks great, if this one would of had Acrylic eyes than it would of been instant order and on flex but had and have to wait!! But this one is one of best looking life size busts that they've done and some day will be in our collection! We have around ten (10) life size busts and i think this will be our 11th ……someday!! Congrats to all you guys who have this great piece of art!!! Cant believe it took them 15 years to make first Avatar movie, just hope we see Avatar 2 before 2030!!

Sarah
I agree, the base on this looks absolutely awesome.

I would have bought this, but the shipping to Norway is killing me.
Figurefreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #354
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post

Ya I just checked them out, lighting is definitely playing tricks here. Mine seems like a lighter application which is actually how it appeared in the movie. But Obi's darker pics are making her lips look brighter for some reason?

Chris
I am glad it looks good in hand, Chris.

I thought it might have been the lighting in the pics washing out the colors a bit.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #355
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

big congrats Chris! welcome to the Neytiri bust club
I really love this piece, it have a big present in my mancave!
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #356
Atheris
The Maxx

Late review, but finally got around to making it last night.

http://youtu.be/fsjvor5H5Yg

Chris
Old 04-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #357
nfl6771
A day without sunshine is like... night.

THANKS for the review, the Neytiri bust looks beautiful cant wait to get mine.
nfl6771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #358
mattman68
Blue Falcon

Finally caved and got this bust. Really surprised by the relatively little amount of attention this piece has received. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a grail once people catch on to how great it turned out. Added eyelashes to mine, which was as easy to do as everyone who already did it has said, and really makes the bust look perfect.

mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #359
mattman68
Blue Falcon

Here's another size comparison to show how massive she is!

mattman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #360
Atheris
The Maxx

Nice man, those lashes make a huge difference. Who would have thought?

I think if this had a timed release with the movie it would have sold out by now.

Chris