Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-24-2023, 08:14 PM   #421
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I love AKI's design. I hope she is cool in game as well.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:41 PM   #422
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Well, let's see.

https://streetfighter.fandom.com/wik...ble_characters

Alpha introduced 20 new characters, and I like 4 of them.
III - 16 new, like 5
IV - 11 new, like 4
V - 16 new, like 2
6 (so far) - 7 new, like 2 (not including World Tour character Bosch (whom I like), and recent easter eggs from a Capcom video show what looks like a new martial arts 'master' character, that I love the looks of so far.)

V is the BIG dud for me, and I always thought it was III, before laying it all out like this. While I agree on Manon and Marisa (design would've looked so cool as a dude), I'm liking it overall so far. A.K.I. might be good too.

Also, DAMND is coming, and being a Final Fight fan, he looks cool.
Alpha 3 is my second favorite (after 2 turbo), SF3 roster are really bad and bizarre with Necro, Oro, Twelve, SF4 have some terrible ones too and the worst boss ever, Seth, but SF5 have FANG the worst character EVER from SF, and lots of bad ones too...

I make this list, green circle are favorites and red garbage (in each game yellow are the new fighters and blue are the old ones):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Imagem1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	162005
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:15 PM   #423
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Alpha 3 is my second favorite (after 2 turbo), SF3 roster are really bad and bizarre with Necro, Oro, Twelve, SF4 have some terrible ones too and the worst boss ever, Seth, but SF5 have FANG the worst character EVER from SF, and lots of bad ones too...

I make this list, green circle are favorites and red garbage (in each game yellow are the new fighters and blue are the old ones):

Attachment 162005
Oooh... I like that. Cool visual.

EDIT: Hmmm...I think I downloaded that base image a few weeks ago, but it wouldn't open. Took too long and would hang while trying.

EDIT2: Yeah, I did. File is called 24_bigroster01, but I couldn't open it. Searched out another that I finally can. Great graphic.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:58 PM   #424
MrYac
Hercules

No love for the freaks from No1 it would seem
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:01 PM   #425
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
No love for the freaks from No1 it would seem
Honestly, his pattern seems to be, start with mostly SFII as the base, then sprinkle in some hot chicks every so often.

Disagree with at least 8 of his red circles.

But that's the necessary thing about a fighting game roster - it should have a wide range of character types. No one will ever be 100% satisfied.

I do like the goofy element, but it's not my favorite part of Street Fighter. I'd like Capcom to err on the side of serious when creating new characters. FANG for instance. If he had the same essential look, but been just 6 feet tall, thin, but not absurd thin, and didn't have that annoying voice and '2' obsession, he would have been incredibly cool to me.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:37 PM   #426
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Well since Rose is confirmed I guess I'll make my picture Seth for now, though there are many I would like
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:30 PM   #427
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Oooh... I like that. Cool visual.

EDIT: Hmmm...I think I downloaded that base image a few weeks ago, but it wouldn't open. Took too long and would hang while trying.

EDIT2: Yeah, I did. File is called 24_bigroster01, but I couldn't open it. Searched out another that I finally can. Great graphic.
I make the circles, is just my 2 cents about it, but here it's without it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FpxLisnXwAIyT4n.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	162010
Old 05-25-2023, 11:02 PM   #428
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I make the circles, is just my 2 cents about it, but here it's without it:

Attachment 162010
I appreciate it! I found a higher definition one online too.
Old 05-28-2023, 02:02 PM   #429
No1
The Avengers

Interesting to see the evolution of the numbers of fighters:

SF1 - 12
SF2 - 17 (until 2 turbo)
SF0 - 34 (until Alpha 3)
SF3 - 20
SF4 - 44
SF5 - 46
SF6 - 18 + 5 seasons with 6 fighters? = 48

We can see how much SF3 was a flop, only 20 fighters and almost 10 years of gap until the next one.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:58 PM   #430
qz33
Doctor Doom

By SF3 Capcom had worn out its welcome with multiple iterations of the same games. Plus the zeitgeist had shifted away from sprites to 3D (which was difficult for the tech at the time to translate SF's style as EX proved) and away from game play to long stories.

Most of all a generational thing. Everyone had done SF and it needed to rest until the potential market was all newbies again.

But yeah large rosters do make the games more fun and given that nothing about VI is all that new I think its a mistake only launching with 18 characters. Can't keep people's attention for a couple years and still only have 28 fighters by then.

Best handling of a series in the modern era is MKX. Tons of characters and a quick pace with additions and they didn't try to ride an entire console generation with the same game they moved on to a new one.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote