Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #2661
off
The X-Men

So the 'good guys' army has been decimated, who is left to fight Cersi?

Would be dope if Bran has to become the Night King to raise an army to fight Cersi.

Then the story resets.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:05 PM   #2662
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
-There should have been a scene where Dany on Drogon blazes wights surrounding Jon, and discovers he's fire resistant too.
Jon's not fire resistant though - he burned his hand when he grabbed and threw the lantern at the wight in Commander Mormont's room (Season 1?). The Stark gene is too strong hah.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #2663
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think some of you guys are over thinking it, for me it was a fun episode to watch... I'm glad Arya got the final blow on the Night King... she's defiantly one of my favorites on the show..

I'm guessing the last 3 episodes will be about the battle they will have with Cersei...

I agree. The way I see it is it was a game of chess where every little victory of the good guys was always short lived and countered by the Wights. The Dothraki marching in first and getting annihilated pretty much set the feeling of helplessness early on. Then the fog blocking the view for the Dragons to light the trenches but luckily the red lady was there right in time. Also, the Night King's positioning was strategic too I believe. If he's too far away and alone the Dragons could come and single him out, I think him leading the Dragons away from the main battle was part of his plan. I think he pretty much outmaneuvered the good guys the entire way until the one mistake at the end, maybe he was too confident there which seems like he was the entire fight.

The only thing I thought felt off was how many times some heroes were outnumbered and cornered while fighting off hordes seemingly forever. I think it would've been even more epic/meaningful if a few more characters died.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #2664
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I think part of my problem with GoT and the last episode in particular is that I've always seen the Night King and his army of the dead as the main villain of the series. Cersei, or any other mortal character, is secondary.

When the Night King, a threat to all mankind for thousands of years, went from victory to total defeat in about 2 seconds, it was a jump the shark moment for me.

Now I have to sort of change my attitude to thinking of Cersei as the true villain of the story and I'm not finding it easy to do.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #2665
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
I think part of my problem with GoT and the last episode in particular is that I've always seen the Night King and his army of the dead as the main villain of the series. Cersei, or any other mortal character, is secondary.

When the Night King, a threat to all mankind for thousands of years, went from victory to total defeat in about 2 seconds, it was a jump the shark moment for me.

Now I have to sort of change my attitude to thinking of Cersei as the true villain of the story and I'm not finding it easy to do.
"Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

If they did Euron right he'd be a great villain for the series. How bad ass would he look in Valyrian Steel armor and blood red eye, possibly able to control dragons or summon krakens? That's a threat to equal the Others.

Moqorro: Others seek Daenerys too.
Tyrion: Have you seen these others in your fires?
Moqorro: Only their shadows. One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:17 PM   #2666
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Agreed. For a battle that was 8 years in the making, it was a major let down.
NightKing did barely anything.
Blue dragon was not nearly as powerful as before and barely used.
The white walker generals did nothing.
No real epic battles and it was over so quick. No real fear from them like before.

Most of the good guys barely did anything either except Arya. Disappointment on so many levels for me.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #2667
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:

This. That right there really cuts to the heart of the matter. Well put.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:39 PM   #2668
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Game of Thrones cinematographer says dark lighting of "The Long Night" episode was not his fault: https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/30/game-...k-explanation/
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:12 PM   #2669
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
This. That right there really cuts to the heart of the matter. Well put.
especially when you remember that the very first scene of the entire series was about the walkers and their threat.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #2670
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Agreed. For a battle that was 8 years in the making, it was a major let down.
NightKing did barely anything.
Blue dragon was not nearly as powerful as before and barely used.
The white walker generals did nothing.
No real epic battles and it was over so quick. No real fear from them like before.

Most of the good guys barely did anything either except Arya. Disappointment on so many levels for me.
Definitely...7 seasons of build up for one episode. Should've been a three episode arc, at least. ...the great white hype.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote