Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #131
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I hope we get extended wings and folded wings options.

If it came to a price reduction in the final piece meaning you get one option, would you rather have wings extended or retracted (smaller footprint)?

Since I'm going for a lineup display, I guess I'd require the wings retracted. Having both options would be cool though I'm not sure what the pricepoint would look like.
I'd like what was done with the Iron Studios 1/3 Hawkman. You could get open, closed, or both. If you got both, you could also display it with one wing out and the other closed for a total of 4 different display options
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:46 PM   #132
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Smaller foot print and lesser cost would be preferable but, I'd buy any version as long as they make one. lol
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:59 PM   #133
SDguy

Wouldn't they basically have to scrap everything they did for the poll to fit closed wings? They are all flying poses....
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:07 PM   #134
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Wouldn't they basically have to scrap everything they did for the poll to fit closed wings? They are all flying poses....
I think they already scrapped whatever they had anyway when they became Tweeterhead 2.0. I'm not sure the poll is relevant anymore.
Old 06-26-2021, 03:35 PM   #135
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I can't wait for TH to show us what they have for this piece. But part of me is concerned about the price. If John Stewart saw an increase by $50, then what will the increase be for this piece?

Hawkgirl is not a high priority character for me, so the price might be the gating factor ...for me anyway.

Quote:

If it came to a price reduction in the final piece meaning you get one option, would you rather have wings extended or retracted (smaller footprint)?

Since I'm going for a lineup display, I guess I'd require the wings retracted. Having both options would be cool though I'm not sure what the pricepoint would look like.
I'd personally rather have the retracted wings (or whatever configuration/placement/pose leads to the smallest footprint).

Space continues to be an ever increasing problem to overcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I'd like what was done with the Iron Studios 1/3 Hawkman. You could get open, closed, or both. If you got both, you could also display it with one wing out and the other closed for a total of 4 different display options
This would be awesome.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:47 PM   #136
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
I think they already scrapped whatever they had anyway when they became Tweeterhead 2.0. I'm not sure the poll is relevant anymore.
Not really sure how pose is affected by costume/sculpt detailing .
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:36 PM   #137
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

For me, either way is fine ...extended or retracted. That is ...as long as the price is kept low due to the one option. I'm expecting the body sculpt and portrait are going to be done exceptionally well like the other 2.0 maquettes.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:52 PM   #138
MisterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Not really sure how pose is affected by costume/sculpt detailing .
They've basically abandoned everything from before the rebrand that wasn't already up for PO, so it's highly likely that they won't feel bound to the results of a poll taken 2 years ago.

But you could be right, they might just stick with the results and just give it better texturing/paint like they did with Black Adam.

We'll see.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #139
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The pose translates to whatever they want to call this line.

For some reason, in my mind, I feel Hawkman and Hawkgirl both require a price increase because two sets of wings are a must for both characters. I don't need multiple weapons though. An additional portrait would be a bonus, but two sets of wings are a must.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:43 PM   #140
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The pose translates to whatever they want to call this line.

For some reason, in my mind, I feel Hawkman and Hawkgirl both require a price increase because two sets of wings are a must for both characters. I don't need multiple weapons though. An additional portrait would be a bonus, but two sets of wings are a must.
Yeah, thinking two sets of wings (extended/retracted) at a slightly higher price tag gives every collector the potential display option they prefer.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote