Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 06-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #21
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It was mentioned that Mxy might be 100 or less now, and Superman EX is 250.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #22
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Hi, everyone, I kinda need help with Edition Sizes for the Exclusives. Tweeterhead's website isn't clear about the numbers, and I've searched through various threads here w/o much success.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Here is all that I know of so far. Posted by Tweeterhead on Facebook a while back.

Although the edition sizes have changed since then I believe. Harley Ex was either 300 or 350. gryphx1 may know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
It was mentioned that Mxy might be 100 or less now, and Superman EX is 250.
I think most of the Ex's and even the regular version really get made close to the preordered amounts. That list of ES from FB definitely saw a few revisions when the statues were finalized. As with most initial offerings from smaller companies, the ES will be smaller regardless of the online hype. Just like the Newmar catwoman, collectors didn't realize they wanted her until it hit ebay and the prices were through the roof.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #23
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Here is all that I know of so far. Posted by Tweeterhead on Facebook a while back.

Although the edition sizes have changed since then I believe. Harley Ex was either 300 or 350. gryphx1 may know for sure.
Thanks! I'll update the OP after I eat breakfast.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:13 AM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

I ended up using 250 as the ES for most of the Exclusives. It seems like a reasonable number given what we know about future statues (such as Superman and Catwoman).

Someone reported getting ___/300 for Harley Quinn, so I'm using that number for her.

I'm using 100 for Mxyzptlk because I remember reading that somewhere.

Kinda sad that ESes are so small...when DC is making 5000 Designer Series Jim Lees.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #25
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Kinda sad that ESes are so small...when DC is making 5000 Designer Series Jim Lees.
I like the small ES as long as it's sustainable for Tweeterhead to stay in business. Would you prefer Sideshow's ridiculously bloated ES where their statues have no aftermarket value and basically aren't really collectibles?
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #26
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
I ended up using 250 as the ES for most of the Exclusives. It seems like a reasonable number given what we know about future statues (such as Superman and Catwoman).

Someone reported getting ___/300 for Harley Quinn, so I'm using that number for her.

I'm using 100 for Mxyzptlk because I remember reading that somewhere.

Well to be fair, those DC collectibles statues usually rarely sell out and you can get them basically anywhere. And they are also usually cheaper with lesser quality too.

I also think smaller EX edition sizes has to do with the fact that Tweeterhead is a fairly new company. It hasn’t been long since they started the superpower line too. I am sure these statues’ value will increase over time.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #27
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I like the small ES as long as it's sustainable for Tweeterhead to stay in business. Would you prefer Sideshow's ridiculously bloated ES where their statues have no aftermarket value and basically aren't really collectibles?
No, but I wonder if they've considered selling everything themselves instead of partnering with other retailers?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 AM   #28
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
I also think smaller EX edition sizes has to do with the fact that Tweeterhead is a fairly new company. It hasn’t been long since they started the superpower line too. I am sure these statues’ value will increase over time.
That's very possible. Imagine if this line takes off and new collectors try to track down these early EXs in a few years.

Quote:
No, but I wonder if they've considered selling everything themselves instead of partnering with other retailers?
Maybe when they get a better website and more employees?
haljordan99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #29
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Maybe when they get a better website and more employees?
I know Chad said something in the last video about the website update happening in the next couple months.

Just re watched the video on Facebook from 6/4 and at around 5 minutes left before it ends he said new Website should be up in July.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #30
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
I know Chad said something in the last video about the website update happening in the next couple months.
He stated the new site should be out in July
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote