Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-03-2018, 11:55 AM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Getting new customer is the only way that it will pay for the refunds and keep the company running.. The past few preorder haven't been sell out. If we want refunds. We can ask Ant but they need to be successfull promoting there new pre-orders to get more cash.

Jerry sold them an unrealistic business model. The money isnt there for refunds. Either Jerry got the major chunk of it from the buy out or bad spending choices. We wont know but they have to dig themselves out of a hole. I guess they dont have the cash and it was smart to down size the factory and employee cost. They do need to be reminded it still there responsibility to give collector back their money..They got too ambitious with
Some of the licenses and high expectations.
Since the new owners got involved, and switched to new factories, quality appears to have improved. MK Mileena 1/3 is being made in the same factory as an XM Studio's product (top right - image). Smart move by Ant & Co - I cannot remember the name of the other guy (sorry).

I wonder if Ant will be on the PCS stand at NYCC 2018

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #12
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Since the new owners got involved, and switched to new factories, quality appears to have improved. MK Mileena 1/3 is being made in the same factory as an XM Studio's product (top right - image). Smart move by Ant & Co - I cannot remember the name of the other guy (sorry).

I wonder if Ant will be on the PCS stand at NYCC 2018

Good point. Quality has gone up since they changed factories.. Ryu 1/3 ,Zangief and several other statue came out with zero issues. Quality has gone up at PCS. The straps on Mileena is a nice XM touch.

edit The new mgmt did a good job on Quality control and picking better factories..

I think Ant will be there.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 12:50 PM   #13
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
Good point. Quality has gone up since they changed factories.. Ryu 1/3 ,Zangief and several other statue came out with zero issues. Quality has gone up at PCS. The straps on Mileena is a nice XM touch.

edit The new mgmt did a good job on Quality control and picking better factories..

I think Ant will be there.
I just spotted something. The lower part of the hair is different when comparing some pieces to others. Maybe the two different portraits have slightly different hair at the back?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #14
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I just spotted something. The lower part of the hair is different when comparing some pieces to others. Maybe the two different portraits have slightly different hair at the back?
Yes. It is pretty obvious if you look at the heads that are on the table.
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:10 PM   #15
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterkillerWSW View Post
Yes. It is pretty obvious if you look at the heads that are on the table.
I noticed the masked portrait on the lower left has the longer hair. The other portrait on the lower right is at an angle, with rear hair out of sight. The slightly longer hair works better. I'd have thought the two portrait would have had identical hair lengths. Since Mileena was clay sculpted rather than 3D modeled on a computer, these small differences occur. No big deal
Old 10-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #16
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The worst that could happen is misplacing hairpieces on portraits, but they might be keyed differently to prevent that. I'm sure this factory is better than Kitana's.

Someone should ask Ant, for transparency, if they are fully committed to paying off the outstanding refunds with their current preorder sales. And after that, if they would return to the forums, at least for Q&As pertaining product and design questions, since not everyone uses FB. He should know that we don't bite, and only see results. Bryon has obviously driven the quality behind the last few releases. But the trust will take longer to repair with existing customers if they keep us in the dark with this refund situation.

Oh, and they should do a 1/3 Ken.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #17
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Maybe.. I see one the portraits on the table .I'm looking from my cell phone. Can't zoom in to see the hairline so clearly.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #18
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
They've always had different hair styles, you can even see from the front.

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #19
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

Good clarification.
I like the added detail of different hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
The worst that could happen is misplacing hairpieces on portraits, but they might be keyed differently to prevent that. I'm sure this factory is better than Kitana's.

Someone should ask Ant, for transparency, if they are fully committed to paying off the outstanding refunds with their current preorder sales. And after that, if they would return to the forums, at least for Q&As pertaining product and design questions, since not everyone uses FB. He should know that we don't bite, and only see results. Bryon has obviously driven the quality behind the last few releases. But the trust will take longer to repair with existing customers if they keep us in the dark with this refund situation.

Oh, and they should do a 1/3 Ken.
YEAH baby!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #20
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

It's something i've not noticed before.