Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-04-2020, 03:14 AM   #2561
Python
Omega Red

Buffy the Vampire slayer: Seasons 1-7.

7/10

I put this on purely out of interest to see how badly it'd aged (I was 11 when S1 first aired in 97) I ended up watching the entire thing over the course of a few months. It has certainly aged, and there are plenty of filler episodes and cliched dialogue. And the constantly present, obvious stunt doubles are hilarious. I was also surprised by how little David Boreanaz and Charisma Carpenter are actually in it, I thought they were in basically the entire show but I think she's only in S1. Although I imagine that's because I watched "Angel" around about the same time back in the day which both characters moved to and is probably the superior show if memory serves? But there is plenty of nostalgia and the odd decent episode to enjoy here, it's worth a watch for those like me who watched it all those years ago and haven't seen it in over twenty years.

Oh PS, Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter) is now fifty years old.... 50! Sorry if that little fact ruins your weekend.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:58 PM   #2562
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Buffy the Vampire slayer: Seasons 1-7.

7/10

I put this on purely out of interest to see how badly it'd aged (I was 11 when S1 first aired in 97) I ended up watching the entire thing over the course of a few months. It has certainly aged, and there are plenty of filler episodes and cliched dialogue. And the constantly present, obvious stunt doubles are hilarious. I was also surprised by how little David Boreanaz and Charisma Carpenter are actually in it, I thought they were in basically the entire show but I think she's only in S1. Although I imagine that's because I watched "Angel" around about the same time back in the day which both characters moved to and is probably the superior show if memory serves? But there is plenty of nostalgia and the odd decent episode to enjoy here, it's worth a watch for those like me who watched it all those years ago and haven't seen it in over twenty years.

Oh PS, Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter) is now fifty years old.... 50! Sorry if that little fact ruins your weekend.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer was my favorite TV show before Mad Men. I rewatched seasons 1-5 a few years ago and they still hold up for me--maybe because I was already an adult when the series originally aired. I got a little sidetracked watching other TV shows before finishing a rewatch of the remaining two seasons but started season 6 again this month. I'd rate the others like this:

Season 1 - 8/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 4 - 9/10
Season 5 - 10/10

Spike is the MVP of the series with the first season without him being the weakest.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:06 PM   #2563
built2shred
Phoenix

Watchman Season 1 - 8/10

Basically it continues where the Movie left off except they do revise the story's ending in the movie...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:52 AM   #2564
Storm56
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I figure with Summer here and everything going into re-runs, it would be cool to list some of your favorite tv series that others might want to rent or watch on Netflix....

Person of Interest (Score: 9/10): Created and Written by Jonathan Nolan, produced by JJ Abrams.

Falling Skies (Score: 7/10) Produced by Steven Spielberg

Game of Thrones (Score: 10/10) IMO, The best show on TV right now..

Friday Night Lights (Score: 7/10)

Nikita (Score: 7/10)

The Borgias (Score: 7/10)

Da Vinci's Demons (Score: 8/10)

Shameless (Score: 9/10) William Macy is awesome in this show...

Californication (Score: 8/10)

Breaking Bad (Score: 9/10)

Fringe (Score: 7/10)

Spartacus (Score: 9/10) - I really like this show but it does have a lot of sex and violence in it, It's art style is very similar to the Movie 300
CHERNOBYL
BEST!
10/10
Click image for larger version

Name:	obzor-seriala-chernobyl-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	133811
Storm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:00 AM   #2565
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Watchman Season 1 - 8/10

Basically it continues where the Movie left off except they do revise the story's ending in the movie...
The TV show is based off of the comic book ending instead of the movie ending.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:04 AM   #2566
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Mandalorian (season 1) 9/10
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:10 PM   #2567
Python
Omega Red

The Boys S2 9/10

More of what I expected, with even more heads popping. Not for the easily offended or feint hearted. I really like this show.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #2568
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The Boys S2 9/10

More of what I expected, with even more heads popping. Not for the easily offended or feint hearted. I really like this show.
This is a great show, I agree with the 9/10...

I can't wait for season 3...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #2569
statman
Baron Zemo

The Boys S2 - 8.5/10

highly entertaining!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:37 PM   #2570
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Question about The Boys. Has anybody read the comics?

I am very curious if it follows source material or if the writers have really altered if a great deal to be “timely”? It’s freaky AF how much the reflects present US situations.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote