Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-16-2016, 09:01 PM   #501
Windgrace21
Doh!

SUPER late to this party but I figured I'd drop by and look for some advice...

I only stumbled across the PCS MoTU line just before the Sorceress released so I wasn't at all planning on collecting all of these statues. That said, I got baited into buying the last available Beast Man statue when he came back available through the Warehouse Gems program. In all honesty, I was intending the purchase as more of an investment (maybe a trade piece down the road), but I've kinda fallen in like with the statue so he may be here to stay.

One big problem however... whip hand magnet issues are preventing that hand from staying attached. I've already checked it over and the magnets are facing the right directions so I'm assuming it's simply an issue of the hand magnet being too far down into its hole to make strong contact with the one in his wrist. It's obviously way too late to get a replacement hand so it was suggested to me by PCS support either to try 'Earthquake putty' and/or sandpaper the hand down until I get the magnet flush and hope that works. I'm not super down on sandpaper surgery (had to do it with my SS Kerrigan statue's wing and that went quite miserably). Anyone out there end up having to operate on their Beast Man statue and/or another statue of some kind with a similar issue? I'm leaning towards just sanding it down (especially considering the damage will be concealed once attached) but if there's some other magical way that doesn't include permanently altering/gluing the statue, I'm down to try it (maybe even a middle magnet to bridge the gap?).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast Man Magnet Issue.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	95740  
Windgrace21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:36 AM   #502
Cheshire76
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windgrace21 View Post
SUPER late to this party but I figured I'd drop by and look for some advice...

I only stumbled across the PCS MoTU line just before the Sorceress released so I wasn't at all planning on collecting all of these statues. That said, I got baited into buying the last available Beast Man statue when he came back available through the Warehouse Gems program. In all honesty, I was intending the purchase as more of an investment (maybe a trade piece down the road), but I've kinda fallen in like with the statue so he may be here to stay.

One big problem however... whip hand magnet issues are preventing that hand from staying attached. I've already checked it over and the magnets are facing the right directions so I'm assuming it's simply an issue of the hand magnet being too far down into its hole to make strong contact with the one in his wrist. It's obviously way too late to get a replacement hand so it was suggested to me by PCS support either to try 'Earthquake putty' and/or sandpaper the hand down until I get the magnet flush and hope that works. I'm not super down on sandpaper surgery (had to do it with my SS Kerrigan statue's wing and that went quite miserably). Anyone out there end up having to operate on their Beast Man statue and/or another statue of some kind with a similar issue? I'm leaning towards just sanding it down (especially considering the damage will be concealed once attached) but if there's some other magical way that doesn't include permanently altering/gluing the statue, I'm down to try it (maybe even a middle magnet to bridge the gap?).
try a ebay search for a cylinder neodymium magnet, they are pretty strong..i think that's about 6mm diameter, in that beastman hand, maybe need a 2mm high to bridge the gap...otherwise one word...dremel...with a small sanding attachment..best investment you will ever make if you haven't already
Cheshire76 is offline   Reply With Quote