Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #551
protector2814
Phoenix

I've been picking up Spiderman's Hunted arc as it's been rolling out. I thought I wasn't much of a Spidey reader of late, but the Kraven' concept tempted me enough to try it. Gotta say, I've been really enjoying it w/ Nick Spencer's tale humming along strongly. The latest issue, Amazing Spiderman 18, was a little jaw-dropping & what can I say, sad. Anyone remember the Spidey' villain, The Gibbon? He was a Spidey' baddie back in the 70's & 80's. Well, The Gibbon, his origin, life & place in the MU are explored in this issue & it's just a very tragic tale.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #552
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I've been picking up Spiderman's Hunted arc as it's been rolling out. I thought I wasn't much of a Spidey reader of late, but the Kraven' concept tempted me enough to try it. Gotta say, I've been really enjoying it w/ Nick Spencer's tale humming along strongly. The latest issue, Amazing Spiderman 18, was a little jaw-dropping & what can I say, sad. Anyone remember the Spidey' villain, The Gibbon? He was a Spidey' baddie back in the 70's & 80's. Well, The Gibbon, his origin, life & place in the MU are explored in this issue & it's just a very tragic tale.

You know what, i just checked out amazing spider-man title on mycomicshop today to see if my JMS spider-man run floppies worth anything lol and i was like it has been so long since i last read spider-man (i quited at one more day) i kind of wanted to read spider-man may be i check out this hunted arc when it's collected.

And i read Green Arrow Rebirth Deluxe, vol. 1 7/10

It was ok. Juan Ferreyra and Otto Scmidt's art was fantastic, especialy Ferreyra's art was yumdelish... lol Black Canary and Green Arrow had nice chemistry. I wasn't much of supporter of her going from Birds of Prey to Green Arrow but she was good in this book. Arrow and Canary met for the first time in the book, thanks to new 52... There was a big plot hole, how come when Ninth Circle criminal organisation diped their homeless victims in to the hot couldrons, they got burned all over but their eyes were ok ? their eyes supposed to burn as well (if we suspend our disblief enough to believe that they will live in the end of the process.... 98% burned (except their eyes lol) how can they live...but this is comics lol) then again plus point for the amount of darkness.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #553
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

X-Men Blue # 1 (2017) 7/10

It was free on comixology so i read it. Not bad, the team was time displaced original 5 of Beast, Cyclops, Jean, ice man and angel. They stopped a villain called black tom or whatever from hijaking a yatch. Jouggernout was his partner, he gave really hard time to our young x-men. I didn't like how jean was the team leader when there was Cyclops... Their mentor was Magneto, Magneto needs to make up his mind... 1 minute he's good the next he's evil... There was a blond guy with Wolverine's powers, he was fighting against Wendego in another place... This must be Jimmy, Logan's son. I heard about him, he was in Ultimate Universe and Marvel decided to bring him to 616... Like we don't have enough character with Wolverine powers... I complain alot but i actually enjoyed the action pact issue. I think i will get the secon issue and go on from there... I kind of want to read X-Men. The new about Jonathan Hickman will take over The X-men really hyped me... I'm on board for now.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #554
Vracula
Jedi Order

Thor God of Thunder : The god butcher

Our very own Soniccobra in the Sideshow Thor Breaker of Brimstone thread recommended this and holy ---- is this one an absolute cracker!!

Thor takes on a god serial killer and comes up short multiple times such a great read and Esad Ribics art is just on point.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:09 AM   #555
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

Our very own Soniccobra in the Sideshow Thor Breaker of Brimstone thread recommended this and holy ---- is this one an absolute cracker!!

Thor takes on a god serial killer and comes up short multiple times such a great read and Esad Ribics art is just on point.
One of my favourites, definitely in my top 3. Everything is on point from the writing to the art and the epicness in on another level.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:01 PM   #556
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post

The whole Aaron/Ribic run on Thor is like Heavy Metal Thunder God goodness!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:20 AM   #557
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
One of my favourites, definitely in my top 3. Everything is on point from the writing to the art and the epicness in on another level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The whole Aaron/Ribic run on Thor is like Heavy Metal Thunder God goodness!!
It was like Thor was Batman or something. Totally amazing.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #558
protector2814
Phoenix

The cover art on this run was just amazing too.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #559
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Doomsday Clock 1-4 7/10

I'm not happy about the resuraction of Comedian... Marionet is poor guy's Harley Quinn. I like the new Rorscach. Finally there is character of color as big a name as Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman and The legacy lives again. After the return of Barry, legacy was dead but it lives again with Rorscach. Geoff tries his best, so i cut him some slack but Batman putting new Rorscach in the arkham when the new Rorscach made it in to the Wayne Manor even if all the security and knew Batman was Bruce Wayne was not very smart... How can Batman do such a stupid thing... he should have hold Rorscach in the batcave in some cage lol Till Batman figured out what was the deal here... I just read 4 issues so far, abit late to the party but not too late. This is not Alan Moore level, but it's ok so far, i enjoy it even if the flaws. I don't know if there is some kind of clue in the detective tv show on tv about the conculusion of the story or connection btw... It may be just a story in the story just like Alan Moore did in Watchmen.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:55 AM   #560
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Marvel Knight Inhumans 2/10

I read some of MK Inhumans by Jenkins... I dropped the book 'cause of this panel ; Black Bolt was like humans are so beneth me that's why i don't attack them even if they attacked atillan and even killed some citizens... I mean, what the hell just i read... lol This Jenkins guy is so clueless about how the world works that it's beyond me... lol You don't kill people 'cause you respect life and love people and all living creatures. Not see them beneth you, if they are like ants to you, yeah, you don't care about them but when an ant comes and bites you, you kill it without a second thought and remorse, like just a reflex, ant bites and you slap your arm and bam ! the ant is dead. This MK Inhumans is a good example to pretantious... Jenkins has no wisdom yet he tries to write something deep.... lol nice try amigo...