Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #2751
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Think they will murder Cersei on Mother’s Day? I wouldn’t put it past them bc HBO/writers would think the scheduling is “clever”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
No, the Valonquar or "little brother" was never mentioned in the show. Jaime technically is just slightly younger so he qualifies.

The one big question is debated around Cersei, Jaime and Tyrions father. Some think Tywin is father to all, some say Aerys to Cersei and Jaime and Tywin to Tyrion and others Cersei and Jaime to Tywin and Aerys to Tyrion.

Why Jaime doing the deed seems the most likely, but twists and turns have happened.
I’ve heard of this theory as well. Which was really a possibility when the dragons didn’t just devour the hell out of Tyrion. I think Tyrion is possible the son of Aerys bc lots of times women would die on their deathbeds giving birth to Targaryen children.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #2752
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
It's like watching season two of True Detective (which I liked).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
LOL
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #2753
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

QQ - did we never find out why the NK made that flaming Tagaryen symbol at that one crypt? The one Beric and the boys found?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #2754
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Nope. Sure didn’t get told why that happened either. Not even a hint or mention.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:51 PM   #2755
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Dark Phoenix will be the last one standing and sitting on the chair.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #2756
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Did anybody else see the article that explained that Arya didn’t just pop up out of nowhere to kill the Night King? Jon saw her running along the walls towards Bran?

So what happened was that Jon saw her running and Wite Viserion heard her too. So John stood up to shout “Nooooo” at the dragon while Arya was running by. She is the breeze that moves the Wite Walker’s Hair. Jon was willing to die as a distraction for her, he wasn’t just going all ape---- at the dragon - like I originally thought.

HBO REALLY needs to re-edit that entire episode and show it again. So many details were lost.
That was wishful thinking to make Jon look better. I believe it's been disproved. The closed captioning, lip reading, timing and location don't really line up. They should go back and edit it though, as you say, to in fact make that the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
QQ - did we never find out why the NK made that flaming Tagaryen symbol at that one crypt? The one Beric and the boys found?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Nope. Sure didn’t get told why that happened either. Not even a hint or mention.
I believe that it was never for THIS show to explain; just a consistent theme. The Night King and the White Walkers have taken the symbols from the Children of the Forest. Probably doesn't mean anything other than a callback to them.

Now, the prequel show, which should show more of the origins, should reveal more meaning. But even then, I'm guessing it's mostly nothing more than an analog to yin/yang, just representing neverending cycle. Life/death, black/white, fire/ice.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:46 PM   #2757
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I'm getting a bad feeling this series is going to wrap up in disappointment after several great years of build up. I really hope I am wrong.
I'm getting that feeling, too. Really starting to feel like Lost...

That Ghost snub was horrible. I actually liked Jaime and Brienne, though...always thought that might happen. Thought it was cool to see, personally.

I was also wondering why Cersei didn't just take out Dany when her dumb ass went to King's Landing with a handful of people. ...wouldn't fit the script, I guess.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #2758
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Dany's arc was really depressing, and the Ungrateful people of the North is a big part of it. Despite all her efforts to help them, she got nothing. She risked all the lives of all her army to defend the northern people. She lost her army, She lost two of her dragons, She lost jorah, She lost missandei. Now her advisers are plotting against her, She literally cannot trust anyone anymore. If She goes MAD, I can't blame her. If she is going to die next episode I really hope She will turn Kings Landing to ashes.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:00 PM   #2759
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I'm getting that feeling, too. Really starting to feel like Lost...

That Ghost snub was horrible. I actually liked Jaime and Brienne, though...always thought that might happen. Thought it was cool to see, personally.

I was also wondering why Cersei didn't just take out Dany when her dumb ass went to King's Landing with a handful of people. ...wouldn't fit the script, I guess.
Isn't it tyrion's idea to talk?
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:19 PM   #2760
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Isn't it tyrion's idea to talk?
It was, but I'm talking more about how many people she took...maybe they're both a little dumb. Good idea to try and get the people on Dany's side, show mercy and all that, but not at the possible expense of the queen's life.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote