Statue Forum 


XM Studios






StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #281
jpuli28
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.
 
jpuli28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,426
To say boycott Sideshow when you live in the States is like saying find a new hobby, it's unrealistic.

It's a real shame because sideshow has cornered the NA market on 1/4 scale. Of course this applies to diehard 1/4 collectors who don't mix n match scales.
Even if you leave the 1/4 game, you still have to go thru sideshow to avoid ridiculous shipping fees. They know it and their arrogance has come to the frontlines. They don't care about collector input (the ones who spend the money) , the RP giveaways are self serving write offs (tiny amounts only good for a few minutes) and have the audacity to tell ppl not to whine about the short time frames at obscure times of the day/ night. Price hikes with EVERY new PF with no explanation. Outright untruthfulness on the ask thread...

You're left with customs that are $800 before shipping.

I have lots of SS pieces with no QC issues but I see the business practice thru posts like these.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:23 PM   #282
savage.CAP
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
savage.CAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
To say boycott Sideshow when you live in the States is like saying find a new hobby, it's unrealistic.

It's a real shame because sideshow has cornered the NA market on 1/4 scale. Of course this applies to diehard 1/4 collectors who don't mix n match scales.
Even if you leave the 1/4 game, you still have to go thru sideshow to avoid ridiculous shipping fees. They know it and their arrogance has come to the frontlines. They don't care about collector input (the ones who spend the money) , the RP giveaways are self serving write offs (tiny amounts only good for a few minutes) and have the audacity to tell ppl not to whine about the short time frames at obscure times of the day/ night.

You're left with customs that are $800 before shipping.

I have lots of SS pieces with no QC issues but I see the business practice thru posts like these.
You are right about them cornering the market. But if folks aren't willing to speak with their wallets, are these threatening comments going to change anything? (Not yours bud, just others in this thread). Would anyone in here ever go to a restaurant and buy a cheeseburger, then find out it tastes like ---- in their opinion... but continue to go back because its the only cheeseburger in the US? No, you go get tacos or a sandwich instead.

Prices are getting ridiculous. I agree. They are no longer worth what they charge... and I live in CA. I no longer buy new pieces. I cant afford it. But I'm not going to be upset about them not giving me free money. haha

But that is how business' work in today's world. If folks complain, but send them money anyways... then THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. No company in their right mind is going to change when the folks that complain still purchase their products haha. So many companies do that.

Speak with your wallets folks. It's the only way you will be heard. Meanwhile, I like their products and their quality/business ethics haha. I just cant afford them anymore.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:59 PM   #283
Fuzz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 81
I started this hobby back in '09, and have 70 odd statues/dioramas from Sideshow. I used to have up to 10 statues on pre-order every year. However, ever since I started get more frequent QC issues and poor customer service (not to mention higher prices), I cut back on a lot of my purchases from Sideshow.

Nowadays, I buy maybe one or two statues every year. My money will go elsewhere until I feel confident again in spending big with Sideshow.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #284
QX403
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I wasn't only addressing QX's post. I read back a few pages worth because this has been popping up on other forums and groups as well. You experience is a rarity QX. Like Hellboy said, most folks on here gripe about tony imperfections and small smears. And they say things like "I'm going to contact the BBB. I wrote a letter, I'll never buy from SSC again!". Then what do you know,they are all over recent threads excited for new pieces. It's all the same...

I'm sorry for the situation you were in. I never would have believed a customer service rep telling me he would personally inspect your piece lol. As you can see on this forum, the CSR's are not clued in whatsoever. But I don't mean to digress.

All I'll say is if I experienced what you had, I would no longer purchase any products from or through sideshow collectibles. That the only way you can get your point across.

Personally, I have received amazing customer service from sideshow. So they have my trust/respect until they lose it.
That is respectable and probably more understandable if you buy things early on. Captain Marvel was out for a while when I purchased her and it seems they try to pawn off the seconds on late buyers and first buyers. My other two Sideshow statues have no flaws surprisingly (when I say that I don't take into account a small blemish or paint smear etc as that is normal) but this was the first time I purchased directly from them. It's a shame because I really wanted the upcoming Red Sonja statue but they have now ignored my email and like I said disabled my account, which seems childish since I can easily buy from any 3rd party seller if I wanted to, its like they are trying to punish me for something they did.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #285
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 33,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
If folks complain, but send them money anyways... then THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. No company in their right mind is going to change when the folks that complain still purchase their products haha. So many companies do that.

Speak with your wallets folks. It's the only way you will be heard.
Can't argue with this ^
Hellboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #286
QX403
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
To say boycott Sideshow when you live in the States is like saying find a new hobby, it's unrealistic.

It's a real shame because sideshow has cornered the NA market on 1/4 scale. Of course this applies to diehard 1/4 collectors who don't mix n match scales.
Even if you leave the 1/4 game, you still have to go thru sideshow to avoid ridiculous shipping fees. They know it and their arrogance has come to the frontlines. They don't care about collector input (the ones who spend the money) , the RP giveaways are self serving write offs (tiny amounts only good for a few minutes) and have the audacity to tell ppl not to whine about the short time frames at obscure times of the day/ night. Price hikes with EVERY new PF with no explanation. Outright untruthfulness on the ask thread...

You're left with customs that are $800 before shipping.

I have lots of SS pieces with no QC issues but I see the business practice thru posts like these.
XM has been getting more worldwide license's and the shipping and price is a lot cheaper once that happens. My Witchblade cost 700 dollars and XM generally has better paint and QC, from my personal experience at least.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #287
QX403
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I wasn't only addressing QX's post. I read back a few pages worth because this has been popping up on other forums and groups as well. You experience is a rarity QX. Like Hellboy said, most folks on here gripe about tony imperfections and small smears. And they say things like "I'm going to contact the BBB. I wrote a letter, I'll never buy from SSC again!". Then what do you know,they are all over recent threads excited for new pieces. It's all the same...

I'm sorry for the situation you were in. I never would have believed a customer service rep telling me he would personally inspect your piece lol. As you can see on this forum, the CSR's are not clued in whatsoever. But I don't mean to digress.

All I'll say is if I experienced what you had, I would no longer purchase any products from or through sideshow collectibles. That the only way you can get your point across.

Personally, I have received amazing customer service from sideshow. So they have my trust/respect until they lose it.
I actually did file a complaint with the BBB and it's been sent to Sideshow awaiting their response. I also have an Amazon Pay dispute open and if more people stood up to them it would change their practices. They've had 4 BBB complaints against them I think it said in the past month alone (or 3 months) can't remember what it said, that's pretty bad for a company that size.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #288
jpuli28
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.
 
jpuli28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
You are right about them cornering the market. But if folks aren't willing to speak with their wallets, are these threatening comments going to change anything? (Not yours bud, just others in this thread). Would anyone in here ever go to a restaurant and buy a cheeseburger, then find out it tastes like ---- in their opinion... but continue to go back because its the only cheeseburger in the US? No, you go get tacos or a sandwich instead.

Prices are getting ridiculous. I agree. They are no longer worth what they charge... and I live in CA. I no longer buy new pieces. I cant afford it. But I'm not going to be upset about them not giving me free money. haha

But that is how business' work in today's world. If folks complain, but send them money anyways... then THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. No company in their right mind is going to change when the folks that complain still purchase their products haha. So many companies do that.

Speak with your wallets folks. It's the only way you will be heard. Meanwhile, I like their products and their quality/business ethics haha. I just cant afford them anymore.
Youre absolutely right, wallets ppl, wallets!

I like Sideshows work... most of the time but these prices are too high and their attitude toward collectors, which is contrary to their facade, just turn me off. You cant have both, high prices AND a poor attitude. If you do Ill spend that aforementioned $800+ elsewhere just because.
My last PO was Huntress but I "used" Sideshow to get IS Batman and P1 DKR. Unless Sideshow makes an absolute 1/4 MUST HAVE (DKR) I wont be ordering anymore SS labeled products. And unless I find another shipping alternative for the P1 1/4 Bats and 1/3 Hush Bats those will be my last Sideshow orders.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #289
QX403
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 262
Just an update to this. On Tuesday I told them that I would accept a new statue in new condition if they shipped it to me with a shipping label so I could hand off the damaged one to the UPS person so I didn't have to drive to the UPS store again. They seem to be ignoring my emails as they are no longer answering. Because of this I am not withdrawing my Amazon claim or BBB complaint, it also just gives me more evidence against them if I decide to file a complaint with the State Attorney General.
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:59 AM   #290
Oxymoron
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Oxymoron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 85
Just received the armored batman pf and the footpegs dont fit in the base holes no matter what. Sideshow is the only statue company i constantly have problems with. Do they even have quality control? My time is too valuable for this crap. Im switching to P1.
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com