Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #691
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Where are they getting them from? I haven't seen any shipping yet.
C'mon man you've been around long enough to know Asians get them first to save on the shipping.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:48 AM   #692
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I'm not OCD on statues but the difference between the head and body, in the photos, is massive. Two different colors, with one being matte and one being shiny. It looks like ----. If mine looks like this I will be very unhappy. Three years and it's possible we end up with this? I hope this is a one-off and not what we can expect.
Yeah, that looks really bad. Withholding judgement until I see more pics, but if that's indicative of the overall quality, going to be canceling my order.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:38 AM   #693
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yeah, that looks really bad. Withholding judgement until I see more pics, but if that's indicative of the overall quality, going to be canceling my order.
I'm on a wait list. Should it convert, i'll probably back out. Maybe the EX with it's bloody closed mouth will save the day.

I guess the neck join was always visible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bck7ij31I8

I took a closer look at the Howling statue, and that too as a number of joins, especially at the top of the legs. The head join appears to work well enough (on the prototype atleast). I'm starting to think the Howling Werewolf looks better than the Kessler Werewolf, even if An American Werewolf is the better movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MzkoF8oeWc
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:59 AM   #694
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I can deal with the neck joint, it's the different colors on the one that was photographed that bothers me. Two totally different colors. It's completely obvious, too. Again, lets hope it's an outlier and not the norm.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #695
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I can deal with the neck joint, it's the different colors on the one that was photographed that bothers me. Two totally different colors. It's completely obvious, too. Again, lets hope it's an outlier and not the norm.
The upper front gums, or lack of, is the biggest issue. I took a closer looker at the image below, and they all appear to be the same, with very small upper front gums. There was something about the upper front teeth and gums that really added something to the statue. Atleast the color looks better in the image below compared to the two images that surfaced on Facebook.

Source: Facebook - PCS

'First in-hand pics of Kessler Wolf on Facebook (not mine, photo credit Cathy Ramakers).'
- Ellen Hoogervorst (10th Sept 2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #696
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

These pics have been driving me nuts. The other thing about the mouth I'm seeing is in all the original versions that pcs has shown there seems to be a slight cleft in the center of the upper lip whereas this so called first in-hand photo shows none of that. In fact it looks like the upper lip just goes straight across.

And the heads on the table are photographed from such an angle that it's nearly impossible to tell what that particular detail looks like. Though if I had to wager I'd say they do seem to have more of a cleft to them than the Facebook version, which would be a good thing. Their paint apps definitely look more promising.
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #697
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Falcon View Post
These pics have been driving me nuts. The other thing about the mouth I'm seeing is in all the original versions that pcs has shown there seems to be a slight cleft in the center of the upper lip whereas this so called first in-hand photo shows none of that. In fact it looks like the upper lip just goes straight across.

And the heads on the table are photographed from such an angle that it's nearly impossible to tell what that particular detail looks like. Though if I had to wager I'd say they do seem to have more of a cleft to them than the Facebook version, which would be a good thing. Their paint apps definitely look more promising.
I spotted that also.

'..just below the nose, the mouth is straight, not pulled up, like the prototype (like it would be on a dog).'
Old 09-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #698
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

The first 'in hand' picks, the head looks a little more grizzly than wolf. I usually don't freak out over the first pics, but the drastic paint variation between the head and body is throwing me for a loop.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:15 AM   #699
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This looks like a huge disappointment, especially considering how long everyone has been waiting.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 06:11 AM   #700
sparda
The Avengers

Wow... Just, wow... (and not in a good way).
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote