Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #111
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
Hopefully the shipping should be cheaper as there's only a tiny gun and not the heavy weight truck of Optimus Prime or Plane of Starscream.
It's cheaper then Starscream was, a month ago, to your region in the world. That was $790. Megatron is $450. (express)
Cletus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #112
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Thanks bud, that's fantastic news! Great pictures and confirms to me his mouth’s open in a growl and those are his teeth not lips. If someone posts a picture with the extra G1 head please re-post it. I'd love to see how that turned out.
So Tang Bros Market Collectibles on FB have posted pics (see below). I have two questions about it though:

1) Why are the heads different sizes?
2) Why even keep the first head? It doesn't even look like Megatron

Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:44 PM   #113
off
The X-Men

Neither face looks all that great.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:16 AM   #114
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

That's kind of weird, the size difference with the heads. When he arrives i'm gonna check wich one relates best with the heads of starscream and optimus. Although the second head resembles more the classic Megatron, i kind of like the look of the first one.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #115
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Hey guys, Megatron arrived today safe and sound at my place. Unpacked and assembled him. There is no assembly video at the moment, so i had to look good for all the right spots. I'm really happy with this piece. I like both poses and robust look.

The new head is indeed slightly bigger then the head of Optimus and Starscream. Personally i like the first head better, that's the way i'm going to display him. I'm putting him next to Starscream. Because of Starscream standing on a higher base and upward pose he towers Megatron quit alot. But they look awesome together. Thank you XM, for making that G1 era come to life in a stunning way!

Old 10-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #116
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Looks good Cletus. Would be nice if mine would ship...

Have no idea why the second head is bigger but I'll be displaying him just like you did but with the energon flail. Does the second head make him look odd compared with the other two?
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #117
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Looks good Cletus. Would be nice if mine would ship...

Have no idea why the second head is bigger but I'll be displaying him just like you did but with the energon flail. Does the second head make him look odd compared with the other two?
Thank you. Hopefully you have him soon. We got the invoice on the same day, so i reckon sooner rather than later.

The energon flail is nice, but my cabinet is a fraction too small, to use it. That is also the case with the outstretched arm. I like that too, but with 2 little children here running around, it's a big risk having protruding parts out of the display (my cabinet is in the living room)

Here is a picture with the three heads next to each other

And here a picture with the two heads displayed next to Starscream.

It's obvious when you see the heads next to each other, but when posed it's less noticeable i think.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #118
eternalblue02

Thanks so much for the pictures. They both look fine. I still prefer the original though as that's what sold me on the piece. I think XM took peoples opinions a little too literal because they thought the original head was too small. If they can't see Megatron in either of the heads I don't know what to say to that. He's had so many incarnations. To be fair Starscream's looks a lot bigger than Optimus and Megatron 1.

Is there anything I should know seeing as there's no assembly video? Bmutha doesn't even have a video out yet. I think the speed of this release came out of left field. I know the release chart had him at Q4 but with delays I expected sometime next year.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #119
Cletus007
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Thanks so much for the pictures. They both look fine. I still prefer the original though as that's what sold me on the piece. I think XM took peoples opinions a little too literal because they thought the original head was too small. If they can't see Megatron in either of the heads I don't know what to say to that. He's had so many incarnations. To be fair Starscream's looks a lot bigger than Optimus and Megatron 1.

Is there anything I should know seeing as there's no assembly video? Bmutha doesn't even have a video out yet. I think the speed of this release came out of left field. I know the release chart had him at Q4 but with delays I expected sometime next year.
Yep, i can't believe it myself. Never expected this so fast after getting Starscream. The wait for these statues was an awfully long time! But with Bumblebee also marked for Q4 it's all forgotten!

Assembling this statue wasn't that hard. i've marked the smallest parts on this picture:

The only part i had to check was the green oval (the silvery cable/wire). When looking at pictures on internet i could localize where i had to put this. The LR44 batteries on his arm gun are localized underneath the canon, before you put the black parts on, the ones you see in the red oval.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #120
eternalblue02

Fantastic many thanks!