Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #141
jy90274
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thumbs up

Looks outstanding. Starting with the Anders Ehrenborg Mandy statue, it really looks like manufacturers have begun to step up their production values. Us fans aren't complaining one bit!
jy90274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #142
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #143
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You have to remember, not everyone is like you. I have a very traditional family. I would love to display it, but I do worry about what my grandparents and parents would think about it.

I really don't see anything wrong with that.

I'm not saying that Electric Tiki should change the design. I am just saying that I am not sure I can purchase this statue. Nothing more.
I agree with you, D. I love the human body (specially of females) but I have my reservations about overly sexual pieces for respect to my wife, my daughter and the rest of my family. I don't want to send the wrong message to them or making them feel uncomfortable. Speciallly when women still have to battle discrimination and stereotypes all over the world. For me a piece with sculpted clothes can be as sensual or even more than a half naked one. Case in point, C.S. Moore's Brandy. Although revealing enough, it is still very classy and very lovely.

JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #144
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

I'm hoping there's a way to get the variants overseas, unfortunately Electric Tiki doesn't sell internationally.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #145
Anthos
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
I agree with you, D. I love the human body (specially of females) but I have my reservations about overly sexual pieces for respect to my wife, my daughter and the rest of my family. I don't want to send the wrong message to them or making them feel uncomfortable. Speciallly when women still have to battle discrimination and stereotypes all over the world. For me a piece with sculpted clothes can be as sensual or even more than a half naked one. Case in point, C.S. Moore's Brandy. Although revealing enough, it is still very classy and very lovely.

Brandy is still one of my all time favorite statues, such a beautifully done piece imo.
Anthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #146
Sosudective
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hands form are strange
Sosudective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #147
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
I'm not really sure where you get the idea that nudity means selling less statues? Never heard of the term 'sex sells'?
Sex does sell...to a certain degree these days.

If you look at Playboy magazine, they now publish bi-monthly or 6 times a year rather than every month. There's a number of factors behind this but overall sex doesn't sell like it used to. The audience and their tastes have changed.

I've already counted a few heads here who've expressed interest in Tikki Mandy but will not commit to a purchase for the PG-13/R nudity factor. Again, sex sells to a certain point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Tiki View Post
any followers of Electric Tiki know it ain't always about sales. We make products we want to make and hope people jump on board.
Although I don't agree with this business strategy in terms of growth, I can certainly respect their mission to produce what Tikki wants and putting sales aside.

It's risky yet ballsy at the same time.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #148
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Sex does sell...to a certain degree these days.

If you look at Playboy magazine, they now publish bi-monthly or 6 times a year rather than every month. There's a number of factors behind this but overall sex doesn't sell like it used to. The audience and their tastes have changed.

I've already counted a few heads here who've expressed interest in Tikki Mandy but will not commit to a purchase for the PG-13/R nudity factor. Again, sex sells to a certain point.

Although I don't agree with this business strategy in terms of growth, I can certainly respect their mission to produce what Tikki wants and putting sales aside.

It's risky yet ballsy at the same time.

I'm not sure why we're even talking about this. Even Electric Tiki just confirmed that the Moore girl statue, which is just as nude as this Mandy statue, was one of their biggest sellers...

The few people on here who won't commit to a purchase are a minority, which this statue isn't aimed at anyway. This statue will sell out quickly without them.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #149
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
I'm not sure why we're even talking about this. Even Electric Tiki just confirmed that the Moore girl statue, which is just as nude as this Mandy statue, was one of their biggest sellers...

The few people on here who won't commit to a purchase are a minority, which this statue isn't aimed at anyway. This statue will sell out quickly without them.
I have my finger on the "add to cart" button already.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #150
TheStig88
The X-Men

+1. Chomping at the bit for this one.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote