Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-11-2019, 07:14 PM   #591
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I wonder if we will get any fan art for a terminator coh?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #592
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Preordered, day one of course !
I made the price drop by using my $125 reward points + the payment in 9 months (NRD + 8 months payment plan), it will go smoothly with my wallet !

It will pair nicely with my nearly (costume/hair) perfect Domino PF, and after two days I can tell that I'm really digging this piece. The 80's/90's mixed costume is very well done, the base is subtle with nice detailed touch, removable cape is a welcome extra option, the liefeld-head didn't bother me anymore after seeing all the angles on the full reveal, its proportions seem perfect to me, the deadpool hand with the plushie is the kind of humorous stuff in a statue that I literally adore...

But for me, THE real game changer, the biggest asset of this statue and greatest artistic idea are the time portals, which are the central and most iconic part of the beginning of the story of this character. All begins with it... At this time, he was just a time traveler with one goal : to kill Apocalypse in our present. Bravo Sideshow, brilliant and very original idea !

In other words, this Cable might be the perfect Cable for me, and I can't believe in december my all time two favorite comic characters will be released in 1/4 scale and that they come out so close to perfection, in my vision of those characters. This really is a dream come true.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #593
nearmint
Phoenix

I’m going to wait until I can see this one at SDCC before deciding.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #594
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I’m going to wait until I can see this one at SDCC before deciding.
With a TBD ES, we all have plenty of time to PO.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #595
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The SSC price creep continues. Look, the statues are more detailed and I understand costs have gone up but still, $725 for the EX? For a statue about the same size as the original Batman which was (I think) $389? Those $20 and $25 increases every statue sure add up.

With that being said, I don't think this is a bad looking statue. It actually appears to be a nice representation of the character.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #596
Davidian
Omega Flight

I definitely liked Cable as a kid growing up, and while the sculpt looks pretty decent, the price pushes me away. I added it to my wish list to contemplate. I have a couple other statues in there that interest me a little more though, so we'll see.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:23 AM   #597
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I might order when I see more pics and I don't want to push the ES. My stoic Deadpool will get a nice companion piece next to him, both even raise the opposite arms holding their guns, that will look fantastic.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #598
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
I might order when I see more pics and I don't want to push the ES. My stoic Deadpool will get a nice companion piece next to him, both even raise the opposite arms holding their guns, that will look fantastic.
Chris
I thought the same thing when I saw Cable.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #599
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Price is still high, but I don't know how you can complain about this price when Juggernaut is twice the price? This looks like a bargain compared to that!
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #600
Pwesty
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Price is still high, but I don't know how you can complain about this price when Juggernaut is twice the price? This looks like a bargain compared to that!
I agree, Cable looks more impressive in every way compared to juggernaut! And he costs way less.
Pwesty is offline   Reply With Quote