I hope its true
I wouldn't take Jasons word for it though
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #112
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Not really my first choice (that would be JJ Abrams), but Vaughan is a very talented director and does an excellent job with actors. If true I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out. If not Abrams and Brad Bird are still in the running.
I read weeks ago that Brad Bird was too busy with his own sci-fi movie to be doing this

Abrams and Bird would be my first picks, interested to see what Vaughn will do with it.
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #113
johnclone
The Enchantress

so this would be for Episode VII - JAR JAR, the golden years?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #114
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

You Decide: Does This Video Confirm Matthew Vaughn is the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Director? | Movie News | Movies.com
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #115
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

When it comes to Vaughn and any film he may or may not be involved in I won't believe anything I read until actual production starts.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #116
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have liked all of Vaughn's films so far, and would be fine with this decision... once it's officially confirmed that is.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #117
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I hope it's ....
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #118
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Even if Vaughn is officially confirmed at some point I honestly have zero faith he'll stay attached to any project anymore, even Star Wars.

Vaughn is known for wanting complete control on his films and there isn't any way Disney is going to give that to him considering everything that is riding on the continuation of this lucrative franchise. Unless he is willing to compromise on the control issue I don't see this happening and not until the film enters actual production will I believe he is really going forward with this.

That said he is an excellent choice. I still believe when all is said and done Episode VII will end up going to Jon Favreau though.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #119
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Angry

Oh for the love of Hollywood, i hope bloody not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Even if Vaughn is officially confirmed at some point I honestly have zero faith he'll stay attached to any project anymore, even Star Wars.

Vaughn is known for wanting complete control on his films and there isn't any way Disney is going to give that to him considering everything that is riding on the continuation of this lucrative franchise. Unless he is willing to compromise on the control issue I don't see this happening and not until the film enters actual production will I believe he is really going forward with this.

That said he is an excellent choice. I still believe when all is said and done Episode VII will end up going to Jon Favreau though.
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #120
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

In support of my Favreau theory......

Source: SHH

Jon Favreau and David Fincher in the Running for Star Wars?

Quote:
It's been over a week since the last rumor about a potential director for Star Wars made the rounds and to make up for lost time, there are two more names allegedly in the running. Directors Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Cowboys & Aliens) and David Fincher (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network) are apparently seeking out the job, or so says Deadline.

They say: "I've also heard Jon Favreau is panting after this job, and even that David Fincher, who apparently worked for Lucas’s ILM in a menial job as a teen, might be game for one of these new films. Unfortunately, we are getting nothing out of Lucas Land on what they call speculation. I broke a story recently that Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg will write future Star Wars installments, most likely the second and third installments of the new trilogy, I’d heard. Lucas, through Disney, denied every speck of this, but I ran it anyway. They won’t comment or clarify these things because they want to announce it themselves on their own Twitter or website or whatever they’ve got."

Favreau previously expressed interest in the job but hasn't outright said he's gunning for it, and Fincher's involvement might be simply wishful thinking due to his involvement with Return of the Jedi as an assistant camera man.

Disney is said to be planning on taking the 'Marvel' approach to Star Wars and releasing a new film every 2-3 years with some that focus on different aspects of the Universe, but they're remaining tight-lipped about all of this for now. Star Wars: Episode VII, meanwhile, will move forward with a screenplay by Michael Arndt for a release in 2015.