Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #15701
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Whitehouse Down. 4/10 dreadful film with some of the cheesiest dialogue and acting ever. How in gods name is the lead actor getting roles. He has zero acting ability or charisma.
This was my exact thought when I watched him in the GI Joe movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Trance 7/10. Directed by Danny Boyle and staring Vincent Cassell, James McAvoy and the always stunning Rosario Dawson. Interesting enough premise. Make you think twice about getting hypnotized.
Gave it the same score. Pretty good flick
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #15702
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Honestly it was really a 3 or a 4. I gave it a 6 because i loved the book so much so I was bias. I can't believe they messed that movie up so much. I also thought they messed up the casting on a few of the characters as well. Very dissapointing. They probably won't bother doing the other movies now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Golden Compass was even a bigger disaster.
The even sadder part was that in the theater that I saw it in, I don't think there was anyone in it younger than 30 years of age and there were a good 50 people there at least. Given that this leans towards YA, the YA didn't bother coming out to see it.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #15703
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Golden Compass was even a bigger disaster.
You cannot compare The Golden Compass to that, at least it was well acted and directed. Just a pity audiences did not turn up in numbers. Would love to see a sequel.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #15704
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I enjoyed The Golden Compass. Knowing nothing about it going in and expecting it to be some sort of Harry Potter or Narnia clone I was pleasantly surprised.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #15705
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The Tortured (2010) 8.675/10

The synopsis states that it is about 2 parents who torture the man who kidnapped, assume raped, and murdered their son. And for almost the whole movie it comes across as a straight up revenge gross out movie and I almost turned it off several times with the excess and seemingly gratuitous torture but then the surprise ending is a rare payoff that I didn't see coming and actually shows the purpose of the film maker. I won't spoil it (no spoilers after all) but all in all worth watching, and a fairly short movie at less than an hour and a half total.

But be warned, I am in the minority for sure. It has a rotten tomatoes rating of only 9 out of 100 and was universally panned by critics.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #15706
ratchet
Mandarin

Dragnet (1987) - 5/10

Hanks has some funny lines and Akroyd is spot on as Friday - pretty forgettable 80s flick though...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #15707
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I love that podcast! Just finished the Crocodile Dundee 3 one - hilarious!

I love crappy horror movies - so while I agree with everything the people said in the podcast - I gave the movie a 6/10. Definite 80s campy fun in there!
I haven't that one yet. And I thought there was only two Dundee movies. Just listened to Speed 2. There's so many more good bad movies for them today. It's my daily commute podcast. I only have about 8 or so to listen to catch up. I seriously need to consider going to one the live shows in Los Angeles.

So far the Nick Cage and Stallone movies have been some of the best.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #15708
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Andrei Rublev (1966) - The life, times and afflictions of the 15th-century Russian icon painter.

Epic movie! But watching it at times did feel like homework for a film class. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #15709
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I haven't that one yet. And I thought there was only two Dundee movies. Just listened to Speed 2. There's so many more good bad movies for them today. It's my daily commute podcast. I only have about 8 or so to listen to catch up. I seriously need to consider going to one the live shows in Los Angeles.

So far the Nick Cage and Stallone movies have been some of the best.
The Croc one is pretty good because they have one of the writers of the movie on there... he has some good behind the scenes stuff

and yeah, sadly there is a Crocodile Dundee #3: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0231402/?ref_=nv_sr_3
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #15710
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

It was better than the first Thor movie in that you get to see Thor be Thor for the entire film as opposed to depowered in half of the first movie. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote