Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #361
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I think in general people are being a bit too harsh on this movie based on the first teaser trailer. Now if the next trailer isn't any better then there is cause for concern. Marvel hasn't put out a dud yet so I have faith in them.

It isn't like the first trailer from the new Star Wars movie was all that fantastic either.
Well in fairness the SW trailer wasn't really a trailer so much as a "teaser" with less than a minute of actual footage. This is the first full blown trailer for Ant-Man. As for being fantastic... the SW teaser was pretty exciting, for me at least. As short as it was it had me analyzing every frame. Ant-Man's trailer on the other hand didn't offer me anything that I felt warranted a repeat viewing let alone multiple viewings. I'm sure the actual film will turn out great though, just not terribly excited for it at the moment based on what has been shown.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:12 PM   #362
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Well in fairness the SW trailer wasn't really a trailer so much as a "teaser" with less than a minute of actual footage. This is the first full blown trailer for Ant-Man. As for being fantastic... the SW teaser was pretty exciting, for me at least. As short as it was it had me analyzing every frame. Ant-Man's trailer on the other hand didn't offer me anything that I felt warranted a repeat viewing let alone multiple viewings. I'm sure the actual film will turn out great though, just not terribly excited for it at the moment based on what has been shown.
I have to agree. I am a casual at Star Wars fan at best but found myself captivated by that trailer whereas I am a huge comic fan but was disinterested by what unfolded in the Ant-Man trailer.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #363
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I think in general people are being a bit too harsh on this movie based on the first teaser trailer. Now if the next trailer isn't any better then there is cause for concern. Marvel hasn't put out a dud yet so I have faith in them.

It isn't like the first trailer from the new Star Wars movie was all that fantastic either.
I'm a huge fan of Marvel and of Marvel Studios but I disagree that they haven't put out a dud yet. Incredible Hulk, iron Man 2 (though I did like Boack Widow's role) and Iron Man 3 all were duds IMHO.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:53 AM   #364
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
All fair points Hellboy. Time will tell if Ant Man qualifies as a good movie. Hopefully it will because I am a fan of the character and I am grateful that Marvel saw fit to make a film centered around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'm a huge fan of Marvel and of Marvel Studios but I disagree that they haven't put out a dud yet. Incredible Hulk, iron Man 2 (though I did like Boack Widow's role) and Iron Man 3 all were duds IMHO.
Point taken. What qualifies as a dud is definitely subjective.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #365
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The main purpose of the teaser was to bring Marvel fans to watch Agent Carter. The first official trailer will most likely be geared to the general audiences and give more of sense what the movie is about and hopefully what kind of tone the movie will have (like the first GotG trailer did). Plus they are probably still working on finishing most of the visual effects for the movie. So I expect the next trailer to have more of a "wow" factor to it.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:54 AM   #366
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Down with Love was charming and hilarious. Watch it if you haven't already. I watched it in 2003 and it's after that I was on board with the idea of Peyton Reed directing the FF movie set in the 60s.

The following shared on Twitter and Tumblr by Sean Howe (author of Marvel Comics: The Untold Story)

louchelarue: "EXCLUSIVE!!! The very first Ant-Man footage shot by @MrPeytonReed!!! Don't tell Marvel! http://seanhowe.tumblr.com/post/1113...or-peyton-reed "

(click to enlarge)

"Back in 2003, future ANT-MAN director Peyton Reed made DOWN WITH LOVE, a masterful send-up of the mid-century modern romantic comedies of Doris Day and Rock Hudson. In one scene, the early-sixties setting gave Reed an excuse to depict a New York newsstand the way any true comic fan would—stocked with shiny, colorful key issues. On clothespins!

Among the 1963 treasures glimpsed for mere seconds: Fantastic Four Annual #1, Tales of Suspense #39 (the first appearance of Iron Man), Strange Tales #110 (the first appearance of Doctor Strange), Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos #1, and Fantastic Four #16…featuring “special surprise guest star” Ant-Man."
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #367
protector2814
Phoenix

I saw Down With Love when it came out in the theaters & remember really liking it. It was a great love-letter to the 60's screw-ball romantic comedies. I didn't know Reed directed this.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #368
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #369
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 PM   #370