Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #21
moon_knight1971
Rescue

They certainly didn't waste much time after acquiring the SW franchise!
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #22
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Since this is Disney we can also expect to see some animated SW films in the future.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #23
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
Disney sure knows how to milk the cow

to me this is the worst news Ive ever heard
dude, I'm with everyone else on this. its not milking the cow. its expanding their $4 billion investment. i have to be honest, i think the Han Solo and Boba Fett films maybe sound more exciting to me than another trilogy. totally geeking out at my house. this is huge news. don't get me wrong, another trilogy is gonna be awesome, especially after JJ rocks the first one and they find a darker director for Act 2, thats the one i wanna see, EPVIII. oh boy. all of it is awesome, no doubt!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #24
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Harrison Ford Impression - YouTube

Some may have already seen it. I had seen this video couple of years ago and it's currently making the rounds again. Not only does he sound like Harssion Ford, he also looks like a younger version of the actor. Guessing by his comments there, he is definitely looking to audition for the role.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #25
Luminous
Cyclops

Was never impressed by the video. Amusing impression, but I don't see an ounce of acting capability.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Was never impressed by the video. Amusing impression, but I don't see an ounce of acting capability.
Agreed; no acting ability... he's over-acting, if anything.
... and pulling your hair down doesn't make a 20-something that doesn't resemble Harry Ford at all magically fix that. lol

I'll add that it's nice that the YT community's behind his efforts to some degree, but... LA isn't going to hand over one of their most beloved characters to some fanboy with too much time on his hands.

Last edited by Argonus; 02-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #27
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
You have got to be kidding me. The "worst news you've ever heard?" Seriously?

So Disney buys the SW license and you expect them to do what exactly?

We're getting a sequel trilogy and they're exploring other areas of the SW Universe through individual adventures. As a SW fan what more could you really ask for? Basically EVERYTHING is on the table now.

Both Han Solo and Boba Fett are fan favorite characters with backstories that haven't been fleshed out during the Skywalker saga. Please tell me who would be better to launch a stand alone series of films than them?
When did I say I cared who is launching the films? or what characters? dunno what you mean exactly but neither is what I have an issue with.
I think its a bad idea period, regardless of who helms the spin offs.

I prefer quality over quantity. I prefer not being beat over the head with a hammer. I prefer stories that have a purpose over something to just entertain me visually.

It would be better not to have these standalone films. Thats just my opinion.

Its cheesy
Its unnecessary
and its a money grab

Its all sorts of crap IMO

I absolutely loathe this idea

My opinion
I don't care what other people think.

In all honesty I don't think I'm a big enough star wars fan to have such an opinion. Maybe if I watched all the television shows (though I did start watching clone wars) and other products out there I would be on board.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #28
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
dude, I'm with everyone else on this. its not milking the cow. its expanding their $4 billion investment. i have to be honest, i think the Han Solo and Boba Fett films maybe sound more exciting to me than another trilogy. totally geeking out at my house. this is huge news. don't get me wrong, another trilogy is gonna be awesome, especially after JJ rocks the first one and they find a darker director for Act 2, thats the one i wanna see, EPVIII. oh boy. all of it is awesome, no doubt!
I understand the need to put a lot of star wars products out there, but spin offs to me isn't the way to go.
I would rather six more star wars films than 3 and 3 spin offs.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #29
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I guess Diz wants their $4 Billion back immediately. If they did these standalone flicks as tune up TV movies or VODs leading up to Episode VII that would be one thing, but to do individual theatrical releases ... I think they overestimate their chances. There is such a thing as overload. I would not go to a theater to see a standalone anybody movie, and the way they are being rushed means that quality is not the first priority.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #30
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
When did I say I cared who is launching the films? or what characters? dunno what you mean exactly but neither is what I have an issue with.
I think its a bad idea period, regardless of who helms the spin offs.
Well since you didn't specify exactly what your "worst news I've ever heard" comment was directed at it was my assumption, and probably everyone else's here, that you were talking about the latest news that Solo and Fett would be launching the stand alone films.

So basically what you're saying is you're opposed to the idea of stand alone adventures altogether? Fair enough. I think most SW fans will disagree with you but you're entitled to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET
I prefer quality over quantity. I prefer not being beat over the head with a hammer. I prefer stories that have a purpose over something to just entertain me visually.

It would be better not to have these standalone films. Thats just my opinion.

Its cheesy
Its unnecessary
and its a money grab

Its all sorts of crap IMO

I absolutely loathe this idea

My opinion
I don't care what other people think.

In all honesty I don't think I'm a big enough star wars fan to have such an opinion. Maybe if I watched all the television shows (though I did start watching clone wars) and other products out there I would be on board.
Thats a pretty cynical view. There are some great writers on board so I'm not sure why you feel these stories won't have purpose before they've even been written.

As for being cheesy, unnecessary and a money grab...
  • I don't see how cheesy even factors in when we have no idea what they're going to do yet.
  • I guess from a non fan perspective any continuation/expansion on Star Wars may feel unnecessary but fans have a love for this material and many, myself included, look forward to tales that exist in this universe that don't revolve around the Skywalker clan. So to us its far from unnecessary and more like a dream come true. The demand is there too which has been proven for decades now with a multitude of Expanded Universe material.
  • Damn straight its a money grab. Like it or not Star Wars is a lucrative franchise. Disney saw that and wisely bought it and Lucasfilm for 4 billion dollars because they see the potential to make money. Now they're taking steps to make a return on their investment. They're a business, thats what businesses do. The fact that they're giving fans what they've been asking for for decades makes it a win win scenario.

Quote:
I understand the need to put a lot of star wars products out there, but spin offs to me isn't the way to go.
I would rather six more star wars films than 3 and 3 spin offs.
Thats just it these stand alone films ARE Star Wars films. Same Universe, familiar settings and characters. They just aren't focused on The Skywalker Saga.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote