Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2014, 03:40 AM   #4931
SuperJ300
Zot

My regular head replacement had been shipped out!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #4932
Starvenger
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Before I contact SS about my missing heat vision eyes, can someone please confirm what I should have received? From the instructions, I think there should be 2 x small heat vision eyes and 2 x larger heat vision eyes. Total of 4 pieces? I thought I saw pictures of others with plugins to make the eyes red but not sure. So should there be 4 pieces or 6 pieces. Thanks guys!
Starvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #4933
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yes you should receive two of the small red eyes. and then one set of long squigglys and a set of short squigglys.

a total of 8
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #4934
tamato
U talkin' to me?

Got my replacement head, eyes are the same but paint is a tiny bit better...

Did you guys realize his curl was a rubber plug in?

Had to use my Kryptonite hammer! This has got to be the cruelest thing to do to a collector!
tamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #4935
Starvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
My box originally had an incomplete set of eyes. I just got a full set last week.
Hi Peedi, how long was the process to receive the replacement eyes? I just sent in my request, and hoping they have reasonably quick service, never had to deal with SS customer service before.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #4936
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starvenger View Post
Before I contact SS about my missing heat vision eyes, can someone please confirm what I should have received? From the instructions, I think there should be 2 x small heat vision eyes and 2 x larger heat vision eyes. Total of 4 pieces? I thought I saw pictures of others with plugins to make the eyes red but not sure. So should there be 4 pieces or 6 pieces. Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamato View Post
Had to use my Kryptonite hammer! This has got to be the cruelest thing to do to a collector!
Good to see that SS took care of you Tamato and that they still have replacement parts. Would be awfully tempted to see that head touched up as a Kingdom Come Superman.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #4937
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Tamato, the eyes look better on the left portrait. I don't think they look the same as the original. I wear glasses, though. Good score on the new replacement head. I think it looks slightly better in all departments.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #4938
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamato View Post
Did you guys realize his curl was a rubber plug in?
In one of the production pics SS put on their site it showed a hole on the head before they put the hair in, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starvenger View Post
Hi Peedi, how long was the process to receive the replacement eyes? I just sent in my request, and hoping they have reasonably quick service, never had to deal with SS customer service before.
I had issue with my base and a decision to make so it took longer for me than usual. But having dealt with defective or incomplete issues with SS several times before, usually it takes a few days for them to get back to you. From there if they have no other questions they usually ship out by the next day, and from there however long it normally takes for SS products to ship from them to you. For me on the East Coast it's about a week shipping, so usually no more than a two week process.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #4939
Starvenger

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due, and Sideshow's customer service deserves top marks.

I posted last week about my EX missing all the heat vision inserts. I contacted Sideshow Oct 22 about the problem, they shipped out the inserts Oct 24 and I received them Oct 28. First time I had to deal with their customer service and it was a great experience all around. Thanks Sideshow!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:08 AM   #4940
SuperJ300
Zot

Yes, great service by SS. Got my replacement head and it is perfect!!!

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote