Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2014, 09:59 AM   #71
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
We all know the production piece will be garbage,remember the triangles on the other busts head ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yeah there is no way the production pieces will match the colors of the proto!! Atleast thats what I'm thinking….
Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
They never do. Seems like nothing matches the Proto from Sideshow.
Ahh man I thought there would be at least a few positive comments to come back too, not a single one?!.. I had a break from the hobby for a while, it did me a lot of good (apart from missing out on the damn Big chap maquette!!) Perhaps other forum members should consider doing the same and they may discover a little enjoyment again as I did. Yes, the P2 sucked monkey balls, no denying that and I was a disappointed potential customer. But actually that was a blip in this line and that is why I don't own it despite being a huge P2 fan. The P1 was great, not perfect of course but anybody expecting perfection has unrealistic expectations. The Alien Warrior is the most recent one and again his paint was excellent if not ruined by a host of scratches and chips etc (mine had a tonne!) But this is why Sideshow have a returns policy and in fairness, a very good customer services. If this turns out to be another P2, well send it back, I will. But it is unfortunate that were getting a bit of Predator love here and all of the comments are pessimistically predicting the production quality rather than mentioning how cool this thing actually looks. I'll also mention the Prometheus Engineer only because it is my most recent acquisition, he looks exactly like the prototype so it can be done.

I always worry about paint apps in truth, the Big chap LSB especially given his sealed dome, I've been so excited for him since that first little glimpse over a year ago and I'm hoping he turns out Awesome! And this Elder certainly has a detailed paint job applied by two paint geniuses so it will be hard to match (I'd happily pay extra for in house painting by Anthony by the way but that obviously isn't an option) But if I get to the point where I'm not even enjoying reveals anymore due to production worries, I'll probably call it a day. I'm a Predator/Alien Nerd, I'm totally guilty of -----ing and moaning about little details on plenty of pieces, mainly because I liked them tbh and just hoped for a little extra in some areas, but I am certainly a tough customer. I think this looks nice, I even embraced and quite like the stylised looks these have. I'll be buying it and that's the best praise I can offer.

Roll on the Dog Alien and masked P2.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #72
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
No love on here? He's up for order soon, I'm going to flex him since I've had to fork out £3.5k ($5.6k) on a broken boiler this week!

First post updated with Sideshows pictures, 10 image limit sucks on here.
Sorry about that boiler. THAT IS HORRIBLE! But no worries Python about the Elder being good. This guy is going to be FLAWLESS and totally stunning and will definitely sell out fast!

I can guarantee it. Why?? Cause I won't be ordering him for a year or so. (have my limit ordered already) and when I am ready to order this big fella people will be raving about how great he was and he won't be around. He will be sold out.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #73
Python
Omega Red

Thank you, yeah it sucks big time, not a great week financially lol. I really don't mind if people don't like this thing, we all have different tastes of course. But a little praise amongst the doom and gloom would be nice to see on here.

I here you on the order limit. I rarely order until the ES is announced so even I haven't put my order in for this yet. I'll buy him once it's announced on flex although I have far too much on order myself and still fancy the Boba Fett PF... Plus Vader and Pin head!.. it's never ending. might have to start using flex more often, it certainly made the P2 maquette less of a sting.

I will stretch things enough to buy this guy though. Has to be done.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #74
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
elder is more about the sculpt than the paint.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:09 PM   #75
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Thank you, yeah it sucks big time, not a great week financially lol. I really don't mind if people don't like this thing, we all have different tastes of course. But a little praise amongst the doom and gloom would be nice to see on here.

I here you on the order limit. I rarely order until the ES is announced so even I haven't put my order in for this yet. I'll buy him once it's announced on flex although I have far too much on order myself and still fancy the Boba Fett PF... Plus Vader and Pin head!.. it's never ending. might have to start using flex more often, it certainly made the P2 maquette less of a sting.

I will stretch things enough to buy this guy though. Has to be done.

So true!

YES! My other two Pred LSBs are lonely.

What a great picture!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #76
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
YES! My other two Pred LSBs are lonely.

What a great picture!
Yeah, plenty more options for these as well, I'm very much looking forward to them.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:15 PM   #77
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I rarely order until the ES is announced so even I haven't put my order in for this yet.
Made an exception. Keep finding myself drawn to his page on the site, he's pretty damn cool and clearly won't have a batman sized ES... Flexed!
Old 12-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #78
Python
Omega Red

Weirdly, this is now showing as sold out, the EX and REG that is, no ES has been given. Might be a glitch or maybe this just has a tiny run...

No waitlist either, this is archived.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #79
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Nothing of this makes sense. As tiny as the run might be - an item CAN'T be waitlisted or sold out BEFORE the ES is even known.
For an item to sell out, there must be an ES. Otherwise, what's the basis on saying it's "sold out" if you don't even know the quantity produced?
Hope you don't mind if in the Ask thread I hooked to your question and asked for explanation on other pieces too. A hell lot of pieces have been going on Waitlist recently and -by chance- are all pieces that weren't very well received... movie Cap, Thor, Emma Frost, Doom, Godzilla... I think even Daredevil and Jean Grey maybe. And people that go on waitlist convert in 1-5 days.
The "it's a glitch" or "it's manual" looks like an excuse and doesn't explain anything, more than ever how an item can sell out without even a set edition size. Defies any logic.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #80
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

The Elder Predator LSB will NO LONGER be released!
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote