Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

Sorry to say it but i love the captain america. I love the sideshow piece but i sold it because it always looked like a big doll to me because of the cloth costume. I wish Sideshow would have made it like this to begin with
Old 04-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #12
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph79 View Post
Just to clarify... these are NOT me!
Are you sure? lol
Old 04-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #13
Blacksad
Frackin!

Hi
On this picture, I don"t think they are recast.
The xeno stand up modern iron man is an original creation. The tony stark head is really different from sideshow work. And for the others, I read they are custom conversion from original item. Owners don't want cloth/resin mix.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #14
rustyboy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I think its is safe to assume that Bowen has also been effected. I do not have direct links to these guys but I assume they have online websites and probably ebay accounts. They are not shy in stating they are recasts for the most part and it is sometimes included in the sales description. If in doubt post it here and we can advise.
I happen to have seen a recast of Bowen's Iceman recently in the market. I suppose they're trying to mimic the Clear Iceman but it seems it's badly done, neither look like the Clear version nor the Frosted version. Also the base paintjob looks patchy.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #15
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksad View Post
Hi
The xeno stand up modern iron man is an original creation. The tony stark head is really different from sideshow work. And for the others, I read they are custom conversion from original item. Owners don't want cloth/resin mix.
What you talkin about, man? It's bloody obvious they tried to rip off the Stark head but due to poor moulding skills they failed to copy it successfully.

Yeah, they may have redone the back to make it straight and whatnot but it's just obvious. And NOT ORIGINAL in any way shape or form.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #16
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Aren't there any laws regarding this?

I understand how you feel, verified. It's like how I'm ashamed to be Chinese due to the fact a lot of them are raping the planet and it's occupants just for a quick profit.

It's just unfortunate that a few rotten apples spoil it for the rest of us but don't feel ashamed. Angry maybe.

Just face it, Asians get a bad rep almost anywhere they go. People refuse to ship stuff to this continent or accept payment from Asia due to the fact too many scumbags are ripping people off for a quick buck.

Sad as there are still so many great people here that some selfish punks gave us all a hard time.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #17
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Hi
sorry, but there have been eyewitness reports from locals, who have seen them working on unpainted Sideshow recasts in their shop, measuring and cutting up rolls of fabric. these guys will never stop.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
Blacksad
Frackin!

Hi,
I say I don't think so I'm not affirmative.
According to me exception of the Iron man Head, The hulk, Thor and Ca america look really transform cloth to resin custom.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
verified
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Hi
Well as always there will be someone with a low post count/lurker here to defend them.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #20
patrickwm68
The Flash

It looks to me like the clothing on Cap and Hulk are sculpted on. I hate to say it but I like it. Hulks pants are a lot better then the cloth ones that came with the original PF.
Closed Thread