Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #11
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Aww, sorry this happened to you
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

So sorry this has happened. Unless he's a thieving collector, I bet he'll try & unload these soon. Like folks here have been saying, watch e-bay & Craig's. I hope the police get this creep.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #13
rykerw1701
Justice League

Sorry to hear about this. I'm lucky I have the room to keep my statues in my basement for storage. I'm wildly impressed you have the numbers, that will be huge if these are resold, which seems likely. I have no clue what the numbers are on any of my statues.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #14
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
Sorry to hear about this. I'm lucky I have the room to keep my statues in my basement for storage. I'm wildly impressed you have the numbers, that will be huge if these are resold, which seems likely. I have no clue what the numbers are on any of my statues.
I keep a spreadsheet just because of things like this. It's better to be safe than sorry and that way you can identify your stuff if someone tries to sell it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #15
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Best bet is to check eBay and Craigslist often. Sorry to hear man, best of luck! One of my worst fears of keeping my statues in storage too.
Indeed. Hopefully the prick(s) who did this will get arrested for their thieving. Be vigilant in checking spots they can "fence" your stuff as I imagine they will try and offload it unless a fellow collector ripped you off.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #16
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'm very sorry to hear that, it is good that you have all of the numbers on your items, if you haven't already (your ins company will want you to anyways) file a policy report. That way if you see someone posting it online you have a legitimate report to back you up.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:36 AM   #17
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That's awful. Best of luck getting reimbursed through your insurance. Speaking for myself I think I'd consider moving my storage to another company. I have a storage unit myself and part of what I'm paying for is piece of mind it's secure.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #18
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

So sorry to hear. I would also look up every comic shop in a wide radius and talk to the owner/manager. Give them your list and ask them to be on the lookout. Heck, they may have already bought some of them. Also look at anywhere else they could possibly be resold (pawn shops, etc.). Good luck!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #19
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

A long time ago some guy on here reported his collection stolen. I guess his home was broken into. Later some of his stuff ended up on ebay. I dont remember if it was him or others that found them listed on ebay. It was a long time ago and i could be wrong with my memory but i remember reading something like that here.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #20
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thats me.

I had my storage unit broken into. Epic Storage now Life Storage.

I reported it to the police and they didnt even send a real cop but rather a report writer volunteer.

I notified some lcs and kept an eye on ebay. I soon found my items listed. The same items that were stolen were all listed for sale by a Las Vegas seller. I printed out the listings and delivered them to a Metro Detective.

The police slept on the case and set low priority because it was a property crime and they dont actively work on those. I was pissed. They gave me a run around and said they know who it is but that it was the theifs girlfriend and they cant really pursue her because she didnt know the items were stolen. Something like that. Really confusing and frustrating. What are the police here for then? There was video evidence too and the storage company was not liable.

I had to deal with insurance and they gave me about a 1/3 of its value. Youre basically SOL.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote