Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 04-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #1
Alfred_&_Bimba
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

help in photoshop painting

hi everyone...please I'd like to get a sort of tutorial where it is explained how to paint a clay bust picture in photoshop....please help me
Alfred_&_Bimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Diego S.
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Its simple , just mark all the parts that will share the same colour, then chosse a big pencil and the colour you want to use but with a very low opacity , like 8 or 10 % and apply one pass to all the marked areas without releasing the left button on your mouse , this is very important to keep the same intensite for all and not make different passes. Repeat this process a few times untill you get a soft sample of the desired colour. Then repeat this process with all the other ares of the sculpt untill you have it totally coloured. Then go to "Edit" adjustments or something similar , you will see 3 bars , saturation of colour , tone and brightness, use the "saturation" bar to get the soft colours that you have applied already to a good intensity, then when you be happy with the intensity of colours use the bar "tone" to correct the colours to the maximun accuracy for the character.
Then if u want to go more deep , u can use the tools overexpose and underexpose to make shadows and lightnings more defined.
Hope it helps, anyway you can find some demo clips on youtube , look for Ariel Olivetty photoshop painting. This guy is amazing.
Diego S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Alfred_&_Bimba
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanx a lot Diego....it is great!! I would like to find a simple tutorial...don't u have one for me, please? even if it is for 2 or 3 simple areas.....anyway I will have a look on youtube, as you show me....thanx again my friend
Alfred_&_Bimba is offline   Reply With Quote