Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #31
SONICobra
Batman

very cool piece, paint looks super crisp. i believe i voted for this in its respective SOTY category
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:57 AM   #32
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

If anyone is looking for a Red Zero, I have one left for sale.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #33
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

This man above did me a great deal on Zero and i'm very happy with him indeed!

I think the hair is very scary ( no switch out head pics because f--k that ) and i do have some niggles here and there overall...all which i go over in the video review (soon) but overall a very nice piece!

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #34
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Old 06-05-2020, 06:53 PM   #35
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Glad you like him. I agree on the hair, I sweat bullets twisting that bolt around. I have my red displayed like your top pictures and the black with the angry face holding the Z-Saber. The red is definitely better imo. The paint just pops. I want to hear your niggles. My red came perfect but my black frowny face head where they etched the lines in the helmet look like they messed up and painted over it twice with black to hide it. My biggest gripe with these pieces, why no light up in the Z-Saber!? It would have greatly benefitted from it.

Also Dead do you have the HMO Morrigan or any of their DmC pieces? I've noticed little blemishes here and there on their products. My X has a couple. I get them all the time on F4F pieces, not big enough to bother me but I never hear anyone complain about their Morrigan. Just wondering if I'm unlucky.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 08:47 PM   #36
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Glad you like him. I agree on the hair, I sweat bullets twisting that bolt around. I have my red displayed like your top pictures and the black with the angry face holding the Z-Saber. The red is definitely better imo. The paint just pops. I want to hear your niggles. My red came perfect but my black frowny face head where they etched the lines in the helmet look like they messed up and painted over it twice with black to hide it. My biggest gripe with these pieces, why no light up in the Z-Saber!? It would have greatly benefitted from it.

Also Dead do you have the HMO Morrigan or any of their DmC pieces? I've noticed little blemishes here and there on their products. My X has a couple. I get them all the time on F4F pieces, not big enough to bother me but I never hear anyone complain about their Morrigan. Just wondering if I'm unlucky.
I don't have any other HMO pieces, this is my first HMO piece. I wanted to see for myself how this stacked up, as i say in my video most video reviews i found of this or other HMO pieces it's the same reviewers who obviously got the pieces sent for free to review so everything is a glowing review and usually they have no idea of the character or series...but thats a whole other thing.

As for my niggles (for those who don't watch the video) -

The hair/headswitch. I understand why they did it but it renders the switch out head useless imo, you make your choice and you stick to it because there is no way you're ever going to switch it out like other statues.

The battle damage. It's OK, i would have preferred a clean look, i don't really understand the need for it, it looks more like paint chips.

Base. I think it's incredibly heavy for no reason, a bit of weight is nice for stability but this just weighs a ton. I wish the clear plastic piece was removable like X.

Z Saber. This should have been a light up, the whole statue has electronics running through it and the Z Saber arm is permanently attached....why didn't they make it light up? Losing the lights in the legs sucked too. Also would have liked to have seen an alternate smoother effect part.

Chest piece/removable armour. The armour removing gimmick isn't as good as X, it pretty useless here imo. The chest piece should have had the green pieces embedded int he chest and lit up like the proto.

Like i say i think it's a very nice piece, i think what we saw with the proto was better.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #37
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
The hair/headswitch. I understand why they did it but it renders the switch out head useless imo, you make your choice and you stick to it because there is no way you're ever going to switch it out like other statues.
I was surprised by how heavy the hair was.

Quote:
The battle damage. It's OK, i would have preferred a clean look, i don't really understand the need for it, it looks more like paint chips.
I agree or it could have been done better. In my mini review the shading colors are odd up close. It's more noticeable on the black armor and not in a good way

Quote:
Base. I think it's incredibly heavy for no reason, a bit of weight is nice for stability but this just weighs a ton. I wish the clear plastic piece was removable like X.
His base is a bit wider than X's but I was surprised by the weight difference between the two.

Quote:
Z Saber. This should have been a light up, the whole statue has electronics running through it and the Z Saber arm is permanently attached....why didn't they make it light up? Losing the lights in the legs sucked too. Also would have liked to have seen an alternate smoother effect part.

Quote:
Chest piece/removable armour. The armour removing gimmick isn't as good as X, it pretty useless here imo. The chest piece should have had the green pieces embedded int he chest and lit up like the proto.
I can live without this feature. I understand it's HMO's thing to set them apart but I will never display X or Zero like that. Plus the back booster on X makes no sense.

Who do you want to see next in this line? I'd like to at least see Iris, Alia, Vile and Sigma. Also I don't know how big a MM fan you are but check out the X-Plus figure line. They are hard to get outside of JP unless you use Yahoo JP now but their Zero is hard to beat.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #38
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

I'd love to see Bass & Treble....Vile would be good too.

I was looking at the Xplus stuff as an alternative, i might still get their X and get a base made for it as much prefer it over the HMO one.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #39
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

https://youtu.be/bCggwIdzYZI

Zero review is up for those who want to check it out!