Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Rhode Island Comic Con 11/1-2

For those that are in the New England area

www.ricomiccon.com
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Big Guest List

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Shatner! It has been on my radar - my best man is getting a weekend Pass. I am thinking about coming up for the Saturday.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Did anyone go to this? A friend of mine went and said it was a total circus. Fire marshalls shut it down for a few hours and kept ticket holders out in the rain. Apparently, the promoters knowingly oversold. Their Facebook page was hit hard with angry fans, threatening to go to the AG.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
Underdog07
Hercules

Crazy. I feel for the people but obviously the organizers did not and could not foresee this. Odd how it happens a lot in the northeast.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Crazy. I feel for the people but obviously the organizers did not and could not foresee this. Odd how it happens a lot in the northeast.
I have to disagree. This was not their first year, or even their first year at that site. Also, there are already preliminary numbers by the advanced ticket/auto/photo op sales. Factor in that there is a known capacity for the venue and you get some general numbers to go by. I can't see where any fan with a paid for ticket could not get in. Many of these are sold months and months in advance, and people travel for hours and hours to attend.

I read some of the Facebook comments by people saying "that's the way conventions go". Again, I disagree. I don't have any practical experience running a show, but I know someone who does, and his show has grown from a one day to a 3 day show in just a few years. He had one year where attendance numbers swelled, but he made it work.

I believe they booked too many guests and then couldn't handle the extra people. But the promoters also did not want to limit ticket sales because that would keep the profit down and they also had to pay for the added guests appearances. Unfortunately, the fans suffered.

I hope the fans get some satisfaction and recoup some of their lost money.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey62 View Post
Did anyone go to this? A friend of mine went and said it was a total circus. Fire marshalls shut it down for a few hours and kept ticket holders out in the rain. Apparently, the promoters knowingly oversold. Their Facebook page was hit hard with angry fans, threatening to go to the AG.
Unfortunatley the Comic Con went over capacity by around 4-5ish eastern time. The event sold over 23k tickets for a convention center that only holds 17k people. It was crazy. Going have to relocate the event somewhere else if they want to exceed.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

sounds like a terrible time.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So glad I decided not to go.
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #10
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

I had a great time however I did get there early in the morning. Lot of people had a great time. It was only the people that arrived very late were the one that ended up being held out. I didn't even have to wait in line to meet William Shatner. Met all the guest I wanted to see except for Michael Rooker who sadly bailed out 48 hours before the event.