Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Do believe POP Culture Shock's Delayed Statue NRD policy is just?
I believe the NRD policy to be justified. 12 21.82%
I believe the NRD policy is unjust. 43 78.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
qz33
Rescue

NRDs & POP Culture Shock (Poll)

So what are your experiences with this company and Non refundable deposits?
We all know that PCS has had some statues delayed for extended periods of time.

How many statues have you cancelled past their delivery due date and how much in NRDs has PCS kept?

How do you view the company afterward? Would you still pre-order again?

Please be factual and try to keep the emotion out of it.

The members and customers that both this forum's owner and PCS make money from deserve to be heard.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:36 AM   #2
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I personally think all this bullish!t over NRDs is laughable.

I won’t vote on the policy, because frankly I don’t care.

Why?

Because when you preorder with PCS you know what you’re getting into. It’s going to be two or three years! It’s always been this way.

Am I tired of it.... yes.

Therefore I will pay off what I’ve ordered (at least 7 more Statues lmao) and then I’ll reevaluate my status as a customer.

Since Rambo/Chun Li 1/3 I’ve ordered nothing from PCS. That trend may continue with 1/4 reaching $500.00 for average size characters.

But I’ll pay for what I ordered. If I didn’t intend to, I wouldn’t have ordered them.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:42 AM   #3
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I personally think all this bullish!t over NRDs is laughable.
Pretty sure PCS is tip-toeing on a fine legal line at this point. When was it ever ok to indefinitely hold a customer's money hostage and deliver the goods at their pace?

FTC:

Quote:
The Rule prohibits sellers from soliciting mail, Internet, or telephone order sales unless they have a reasonable basis to expect that they can ship the ordered merchandise within the time stated on the solicitation or, if no time is stated, within 30 days. The Rule further requires a seller to seek the buyer’s consent to the delayed shipment when the seller learns that it cannot ship within the time stated or, if no time is stated, within 30 days. If the buyer does not consent, the seller must promptly refund all money paid for the unshipped merchandise.
I also like how they've stopped sending delay notices and try not to incriminate themselves.
vangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:53 AM   #4
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I kinda took into account some of these taking a long time ...If they suddenly all shipped st once I'd have to cancel lot's as it would be too much at once for me to pay shipping and import fees
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #5
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
I kinda took into account some of these taking a long time ...If they suddenly all shipped st once I'd have to cancel lot's as it would be too much at once for me to pay shipping and import fees
I definitely agree with this point. This is a problem with PCS because they get behind on a bunch of merchandise, try to bundle like 3-5 statues coming from China on a boat, then we get smoked all at once for stuff that was slated to ship either earlier or months apart.

This kind of stuff has to be taken into consideration because it can absolutely decimate a customers funds.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:32 AM   #6
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeta View Post
Pretty sure PCS is tip-toeing on a fine legal line at this point. When was it ever ok to indefinitely hold a customer's money hostage and deliver the goods at their pace?

FTC:

I also like how they've stopped sending delay notices and try not to incriminate themselves.
This is definitely true from a legal standpoint. I get the sense that Jerry is out as the owner of PCS. And he may have known exactly when to jump ship.

I could be wrong. But usually not.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #7
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I kinda don’t mind the delays but the two statues I pre ordered went up last year, so I am not really sweating it if it gets delayed a couple more months. However, I took the risk when I pre-ordered these piece that I will have 90-150.00$ tied up unless I was willing to give the money to PCS. I look at it a slot in line to buy an art piece.
If they are pushing dates back for unethical reasons I am NOT cool with that. But how can we know? None of us work with them. It’s text on the internet and no full direct store or number I can call and speak with someone.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I don't know how anybody can agree that it's just. Jeez what happened to this company?!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #9
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I've had to struggle so much with trying to get refunds, cancellations, and dealing with the delays when it comes to PCS that I have no real intentions of ordering with them again. Way too many empty promises. Working with their CS is a nightmare.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:05 PM   #10
hofmanjc
The Herculoids

I love pcs's work but am not presently pre ordering any more statues from them. I can not justify putting that money up front on something that will not be in hand for 2 years at best. Also all releases of late can be had far less than retail on ebay.
hofmanjc is offline   Reply With Quote