Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #131
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sphinx View Post
Interesting, what did he say?
He said he has had no contact with them. He left them in March of last year, and his post and their issues coinciding is just bad timing. It looks like they’re related but they aren’t is what I gathered.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:25 PM   #132
Vader
Ghost

It must be hard for the people working there. The covid situation is terrible for so many people.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #133
Vader
Ghost

I'd be nervous to buy from any new collectibles companies at this point.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #134
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
He said he has had no contact with them. He left them in March of last year, and his post and their issues coinciding is just bad timing. It looks like they’re related but they aren’t is what I gathered.
Yeah that is surprising. I will be very interested to hear what his announcement is next month about his new company. I guess we just have to wait for CC to make an announcement of some sort. Just seems like they would have done it already if they were going to.
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #135
tyrannozord27
Doh!

Guys, the more I think about it, and putting together pieces of the puzzle, it appears CC is under some legal bs because of this Paul character. He's suing the company and they are under some gag order and/or limited staff. This Paul guy isn't some angel, what if hes suing them trying to take them out for his own greedy purposes? He doesnt seem to care that his lawsuit is going to mean heavy losses for many customers.

Not saying Chronicle is a bunch of angels, but this Paul guy doesn't look clean either. In any case, the customer is caught between two dueling corporate interests, although I'm now inclined to believe Chronicle isn't the worst character here.

If there is a gag order, the Chronicle team has no recourse to communicate even if they wanted to. And as the previous poster mentioned, the tax situation they could be facing does answer some of the shadiness going on.

What do you guys think, there might be more than meets the eye here.
tyrannozord27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #136
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #137
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannozord27 View Post
Guys, the more I think about it, and putting together pieces of the puzzle, it appears CC is under some legal bs because of this Paul character. He's suing the company and they are under some gag order and/or limited staff. This Paul guy isn't some angel, what if hes suing them trying to take them out for his own greedy purposes? He doesnt seem to care that his lawsuit is going to mean heavy losses for many customers.

Not saying Chronicle is a bunch of angels, but this Paul guy doesn't look clean either. In any case, the customer is caught between two dueling corporate interests, although I'm now inclined to believe Chronicle isn't the worst character here.

If there is a gag order, the Chronicle team has no recourse to communicate even if they wanted to. And as the previous poster mentioned, the tax situation they could be facing does answer some of the shadiness going on.

If Paul has a lawsuit against Chronicle Collectibles then he has every right to pursue it.
He has no obligation to their customers, he has to do his thing for his livelihood and family, you can't expect him drop a lawsuit because it may impact the customers of the company he is suing.

A gag order only stops you from talking specifics, they could easily put out a statement like " we can't give details right now due to legal reasons but we are aware of customer concerns and will address them with specifics as soon as possible"...

That's what a business would do if they had any intention of salvaging their customer base.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #138
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
This is probably the strongest evidence yet for Chronicle going under! Damn, things not looking too good for them.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:02 PM   #139
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Can you let us know what response you get?

I should have assumed something was up, we still havent seen the Jareth print yet.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #140
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannozord27 View Post

This is exactly what happened. Paul started the company, Paul did something to get pushed out of the company, Paul retaliated against the company and wins because of some legalese loophole.

And where does this leaves Paul's former and potential future customers? Absolutely high and dry. This isn't the first time Paul's been implicated in screwing over his customers. He was banned from the Replica Prop Forum for screwing over licensees and leaving buyers SOL.

In any case, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will not trust another Paul Francis company again.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote