Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #141
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Guys let’s try and avoid vilifying individuals. The truth is we don’t know the specifics. I was told by Paul himself that he hasn’t dealt with chronicle in over a year and has no insider information. All I can do is take him at his word. Furthermore, please keep in mind that chronicle was made up of PEOPLE. Many of them poured their hearts and souls into their work and did a damn fine job. Mismanagement is one thing, setting out to steal from us (like several of you have claimed) is quite different. This is still breaking news that technically isn’t even news yet because there’s been no official word from them. I could be wrong, but I expect they will release a statement about what happened when they figure out how to move forward.

I’m as disappointed as everyone, but everyone I’ve talked to in this company was nice and caring and incredibly helpful. Bad things happen and until we know otherwise, let’s not attack the individuals.

And again, I have $1700 tied up in undelivered products, so...
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #142
Blue Sphinx
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
This is exactly what happened. Paul started the company, Paul did something to get pushed out of the company, Paul retaliated against the company and wins because of some legalese loophole.

And where does this leaves Paul's former and potential future customers? Absolutely high and dry. This isn't the first time Paul's been implicated in screwing over his customers. He was banned from the Replica Prop Forum for screwing over licensees and leaving buyers SOL.

In any case, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will not trust another Paul Francis company again.
And if Paul won the lawsuit, Chronicle wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on in order to sell products from certain licenses, hence the canceled orders.
This sucks. I don't like the idea of giving Paul my money given some of the things I have read about him (on this forum and elsewhere). I can only hope some licensors will decide they are done with his drama. Maybe Universal will give the Jurassic Park license to someone else, or maybe Prime 1 will be more inclined to do more with a bigger market share.
Blue Sphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:20 PM   #143
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Guys let’s try and avoid vilifying individuals. The truth is we don’t know the specifics. I was told by Paul himself that he hasn’t dealt with chronicle in over a year and has no insider information. All I can do is take him at his word. Furthermore, please keep in mind that chronicle was made up of PEOPLE. Many of them poured their hearts and souls into their work and did a damn fine job. Mismanagement is one thing, setting out to steal from us (like several of you have claimed) is quite different. This is still breaking news that technically isn’t even news yet because there’s been no official word from them. I could be wrong, but I expect they will release a statement about what happened when they figure out how to move forward.

I’m as disappointed as everyone, but everyone I’ve talked to in this company was nice and caring and incredibly helpful. Bad things happen and until we know otherwise, let’s not attack the individuals.

I agree. You have to remember that Covid-19 changed the landscape for a lot of companies. I understand people getting angry. But a lot of companies are struggling. Chronicle was always intent on being good to its customers. I don't have a reason to think they won't try and reach out and give us an understanding of things, once they are in a position to do so.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #144
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos4Ever View Post
This is exactly what happened. Paul started the company, Paul did something to get pushed out of the company, Paul retaliated against the company and wins because of some legalese loophole.

And where does this leaves Paul's former and potential future customers? Absolutely high and dry. This isn't the first time Paul's been implicated in screwing over his customers. He was banned from the Replica Prop Forum for screwing over licensees and leaving buyers SOL.

In any case, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I will not trust another Paul Francis company again.
That is BS in its more pure form. You have no idea of what happened here and you start searching villains in your head. Paul left the company more than a year ago.

I still remember when he offered me a refund for a broken statue base even when he didn't have to (it was another store fault). One of the nicest guy I ever dealt in this business.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:49 PM   #145
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
That is BS in its more pure form. You have no idea of what happened here and you start searching villains in your head. Paul left the company more than a year ago.

I still remember when he offered me a refund for a broken statue base even when he didn't have to (it was another store fault). One of the nicest guy I ever dealt in this business.
Something we can agree on. Paul always was very nice to me and helped me once with a defective item.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #146
clutch
Sailor Moon

Sounds like a couple of people don't like PF. Lol!
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #147
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I've never had a problem with Paul, and I talked to him more than anyone else at Chronicle. He always took care of me if I had an issue, spent time chatting when I saw him at conventions, and even gave me some freebies at one of the booths in Dallas. He also made sure to get me my 1:1 Endoskeleton (the original one) before that release turned into a dumpster fire.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 12:37 PM   #148
Steve evans
The Spirit

Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post

Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #149
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Paul Francis is a talented, but unreliable person. He's no longer part of Chronicle, there's a reason for that. I wouldn't deal with him.
HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 02:22 PM   #150
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
Paul Francis is a talented, but unreliable person. He's no longer part of Chronicle, there's a reason for that. I wouldn't deal with him.
Exactly. Being "nice" to a few people does not exempt you from your responsibilities nor the blame when your ventures go awry. Paul started Chronicle, then jumped ship and the second he did we started hearing drama about Chronicle. He literally did this exact thing on the RPF, for which he was banned. He attained licenses with a partner, then screwed his partner and their customers when he jumped ship and took the licenses with him. So either he has the unluckiest picks of business partners in the history of business partnerships, or he's done this before, and knows how to get away with it. I choose Occam's Razor here.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote