Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-11-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
AsOneDead
You got red on you

28 weeks later

Just got back from watching 28 weeks later and thought that it was great. Much more entertaining than 28 days later, had more action scenes and more gore which is great since it is essentially a zombie movie. This sequel is very well made and if you enjoyed the first one than you should definately go see this one or if you didnt like the first one you should go and see this anyway, its better.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
Comicboy
Deadman

I'm all over it!
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I gotta see this one
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

28 Days Later is a phenomenal movie. If the sequel is even better I can't wait to see it. I did really like the smallness of the first one though. It's similar to Night of the Living Dead in that respect, kind of claustrophobic. I don't think the NOTLD sequels were any better than the original because they became larger in scope, and Land of the Dead was an abomination to the genre. As a side note, it's time for Romero to retire. He's lost the little talent he once had. Leave the undead in the hands of directors with fresh vision.

Thanks for the review.
William Paquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Paquet View Post
28 Days Later is a phenomenal movie. If the sequel is even better I can't wait to see it. I did really like the smallness of the first one though. It's similar to Night of the Living Dead in that respect, kind of claustrophobic. I don't think the NOTLD sequels were any better than the original because they became larger in scope, and Land of the Dead was an abomination to the genre. As a side note, it's time for Romero to retire. He's lost the little talent he once had. Leave the undead in the hands of directors with fresh vision.

Thanks for the review.
You might not like this one cause it is definately larger in scope than the 1st, the story is weak but the action is great. A lot more infected people chasing down the civilians this time.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

I'm not saying that because the NOTLD sequels were "bigger" that they were then not as good, I'm just saying that them being bigger didn't make them better, just different. When you think about it, these films have to get bigger in scope in order for the story to evolve, so it makes sense. Shame though if the story isn't all there, because what made the first one a superior film was the story and the interpersonal relationships.

When I saw 28 Days in the the theater, there was an audible gasp from the entire audience when the drop of blood fell into Frank's eye. That kind of sympathy from an audience for a fictional chartacter on screen shows how well the character was portrayed. Regardless, I like a good monster fest as much as the next guy. I'm glad I know not to expect a similar film this time, and I'm still anxious to see it.
William Paquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
bat_collector
Galactus

I can't wait to see it tonight!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #8
batman1180
Captain Marvel

Nice, I'll have to check this out.

After I see spiderman 3 that is.
batman1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Paquet View Post

Thanks for the review.
Not wanting to hi-jack this thread but do you think that's it or maybe it's just that Romero was good in his time and he's not got any better. Perhaps, these days we expect more that that?
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #10
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Zombies scare me.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote