Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Costume Corner

Old 10-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

My Kid's Cosplay Article for Inked

Proud Dad here, but my Kid just wrote an article for Inked Magazine on cosplaying at the recent NYCC. Fun read. -

http://www.inkedmag.com/cosplay-feature/
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Way to go Natasha! Great stuff!

What's it like watching your daughter grow into a beautiful woman? I may be following in your footsteps shortly as my daughter absolutely loves cosplaying. She's been dressing up for cons 4 years straight and she's just turned 7.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
protector2814
Phoenix

What a nice thing to say, Risingstar! Thank-you. What's it like? Hmmm. I've been with her since she was 3 & I've loved every second of it. Challenging at times, no doubt ... but we share so much. Comics, a lot of common literary interests, she's a bartender in NYC on top of her job at Inked & I write a cocktail blog. I'm know it's different with every kid 'cause I have 2 more behind her who are growing us too fast.

I guess, like cosplaying which all of my kids do, is just support them honestly in all the stuff they do. When we hit a con & the 3 of them dress for it ... I just offer advice & praise, acting & believing that dressing up like a Venture Brother, Hitgirl & Harley Quinn is the most natural thing in the world to do. Never hold a magnifying glass over imaginative outlets, just roll with it, that would be my advice. I see pics of your kid in her costumes & already know you are in for a ball!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote