Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Poster Quality Question

I found these 2 ebay listings for a poster of comic book cover I have always dug.

http://comparativegeeks.files.wordpr.../04/610638.jpg

One is listed slightly less than the other. The lesser one have thumbtack holes in it and the other is laminated.

My questions is, should the poster by "less" due to being laminated or should I consider that good, due to possibly preserving it?

One is 66 and the other is 77. I do not even know if those prices are way too much or cheap, etc. I figured if I am going to dump 66 on one with thumbtack holes, might as well spend 77 on a supposedly perfect, but laminated one.

Thanks for any input.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

One thing to consider is that the one with the holes may be easier to "fix" via a company like Poster Mountain than the laminated version. Also the one with the holes will likely display/frame better.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Sithlord32
New Republic

Lamented isnt really a great option as it will always have a bad glare to it though it is a form of protection most people shy away from lamentations. Price wise is just subjective. Its just a poster printed on regular stock poster paper its value isnt going to increase. The only value it does hold is its rarity and that of personal desire. Its not a huge chunk of money really but more than I would personally pay for a "poster". Weigh your options and contoct the seller and see if either would be willing to negotiate on the price since both have damage to them. ( I would consider the lamentation damage)

Sometimes you can cut the laminate and let air get in then carefully remove it but its not a safe bet nor easy to do.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #4
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Since I noticed this still on the front page of this section...

I went ahead with the non laminated one. Figured the images did not look too bad with tack marks and I did not really want to have to deal with the glossiness or the hassle of trying to remove the lamination.

In the end there were literally only 4 tiny holes, one in each corner. So while it was a little more than I would have liked to have found this for...at least I found it and happy I got it.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
vwstobbe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Nice. You should Post pics when you get it displayed.
vwstobbe is offline   Reply With Quote