Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 05-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #641
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I really hope the next commission announcement is Age of Ultron. The lack of great prints for this movie is atrocious. Vance Kelly did a great one for HCG but I can't find it for sale anywhere.
It was amazing. Tons of quality art in that gallery show but nothing I fell in love with enough to buy.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #642
cotis
Doh!

Quote:
I really hope the next commission announcement is Age of Ultron. The lack of great prints for this movie is atrocious. Vance Kelly did a great one for HCG but I can't find it for sale anywhere.
send them an e-mail, there may be some left overs that weren't able to be shown online.
cotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #643
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotis View Post
send them an e-mail, there may be some left overs that weren't able to be shown online.
I did....they were sold out.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:54 PM   #644
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
I did....they were sold out.
There is one on the bay. No way to know what it will fetch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-AGE...item1c532e915b
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #645
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'll wait for the Alexander Iaccarino's version of AOU after "Winter Soldier" is complete
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #646
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
There is one on the bay. No way to know what it will fetch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-AGE...item1c532e915b
It's in my watch list
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:59 PM   #647
cocopup96
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Any updates on the printing of this piece? I know there was some issues and you had to change to a new printer, but it has been a while with no updates.

Just checking in.
cocopup96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #648
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopup96 View Post
Any updates on the printing of this piece? I know there was some issues and you had to change to a new printer, but it has been a while with no updates.

Just checking in.
We're on the list, hopefully by the 1st, I'll keep everyone updated.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #649
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I'm in no rush. Framing will be pretty pricey for me.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #650
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Angry

I've got an important announcement to make

As you all know we recently had an issue with Tim Doyle of Nakatomi Inc. in regards to printing our Avengers commission. In a nutshell he basically botched our printing job and was trying to force us to take his shoddy work. We flat refused and demanded he either reprint the run, at his expense, or refund us so we could take the project elsewhere. He fought us on both counts. Not wanting to admit fault and not wanting to take a hit financially for his screw up. After a lot of back and forth he finally conceded and granted us our refund, we moved on, thinking we could just put it all behind us. The project is now in good hands but the defective prints were in the hands of Tim Doyle. He assured us he was just going to recycle the paper so he didn't lose money on the botched print job. Since he was holding the group's money hostage we had to trust he'd be a man of his word as it was the only way we'd get 100% of what we gave him back. Well, he's isn't a man of his word. The following week after all this went down he had his Mystery Tube sale where he inserts random prints into a tube for a flat price. Rather than destroying our botched run he trimmed them down to 18x24 and sold them in his tubes unbeknownst to us. Until today that is when we noticed several up for sale on eBay.

While this is now beyond our control that doesn't mean we're going to let him get away with this unscathed. We're creating a thread on EB slamming him, his reputation there matters to him and we're encouraging anyone here who is an EB member to chime in. Either FROBAY or myself will post a link to the thread once he has created it.

Also, we are reporting all the auctions on eBay as this work is a reprint/fake of a private commission. I would encourage all of you here that are eBay users to do the same as the more reports that come in the better as it will be hard for eBay to ignore.

This is all very unfortunate. Please know that both FROBAY and myself did everything we could to keep something like this from happening. We thought after Guardians this commission was in good hands but we quickly realized after encountering some problems that Tim Doyle did not have our best interest in mind this time around.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote