Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Unfortunately, I saw a #60 in the completed/sold listings.. for $1500, of course.

Frustrating.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
TheStig88
The X-Men

Yeah, saw that a little while ago. So much for that (admittedly far fetched) hope. Might be early in the hunt, but I'm starting to feel like I have about as much chance at owning this one as the Korra and Naga print from SDCC 2011. Having a tough time seeing this one stabilizing at a price I can swallow.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #13
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Likewise. Just got off the phone with a rep at Nucleus and she confirmed that they were sold out entirely. As content as I'd be with a non-limited reissue, that seems equally unlikely. Keeping the hope alive until the bitter end though.

In the mean time, I might just try to soften the blow by picking up a few fan pieces from the event.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #14
TheStig88
The X-Men

Nothing to do but settle in for the long haul and keep on looking.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #15
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I am near but don't have time
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #16
TheStig88
The X-Men

They're all long gone jye, so don't worry about it. I'm sure they had sold through in the first hour after the exhibition had opened.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #17
Luminous
Cyclops

So I finally finished watching season 4. Did I miss something? Potential spoiler question below (although I don't think it actually spoils anything):

Spoiler
How is everyone perceiving the ending as the beginning of a lesbian relationship? It was pretty clear to me that they simply cared for each other as friends. That this show didn't force the cliche of ending the series with it's protagonist in a relationship. I can see some female empowerment in there, but I don't see ANY hint of THAT kind of love between Korra and Asami.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:24 AM   #18
TheYoungWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
So I finally finished watching season 4. Did I miss something? Potential spoiler question below (although I don't think it actually spoils anything):

Spoiler
How is everyone perceiving the ending as the beginning of a lesbian relationship? It was pretty clear to me that they simply cared for each other as friends. That this show didn't force the cliche of ending the series with it's protagonist in a relationship. I can see some female empowerment in there, but I don't see ANY hint of THAT kind of love between Korra and Asami.
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/pos...ate-it-embrace
Old 03-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #19
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
Yeah, I read all about that. It still doesn't make sense within the context of the story presented to the viewer. I don't care what the creators "intentions" were. If they don't include it within the story we are viewing then it didn't happen. When this little detail about season 4 was spoiled for me earlier in the year I completely accepted it. I saw how it could make sense and I thought it could work. As I got closer and closer to the final episode all I could think of was "Are they just going to shoe horn this detail in at the last minute? There has been ZERO exposition about how this could unfold. When are they going to at least start the conversation?". It never happened.

Think of it this way. If the creators never said ANYTHING about this and just let the finale be interpreted on it's own by everyone who watched it, we simply wouldn't be having this conversation. Sure someone would have suggested it given the final shot of the episode, but no way in hell would it have gotten this sort of traction. The creators simply failed to convey this detail of their story. Whether that is due to interference from Nickelodeon or not, the whole thing is as ambiguous as it could possibly get. I feel that the creators coming out about it and discussing it in such detail after the series ended does such a HUGE disservice to their characters. They should have just kept their mouths shut.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:57 AM   #20
TheYoungWolf

No need to shoot the messenger; simply providing the source in which the intent was confirmed. Infer what you will.

Speaking for myself, I'm entirely satisfied with the way the show ended (both before and after the official statement) and have zero desire to argue the merit behind it.