Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-09-2022, 12:48 PM   #311
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion on something you're excited about, we can all make our own decisions so it isn't harmful
Sure--I've done it several times myself on this forum.
But there's a difference between "voicing an opinion on something you're excited about" and actually spamming a thread 10 or 20 or 30 times with the same blanket assertions in response to any substantive feedback by a variety of other posters. Made me legitimately wonder if he had some skin in the game--that's all.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:53 PM   #312
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Some people will always feel the need to be tad aggressive in their written posts to make a point (with the name calling and such, which is among the lowest form of communication there is), whether it can be substantiated or not. Which in these cases can’t be.

As so many people here like to say, art is subjective and as such it’s open to interpretation. But unfortunately there will be some who aren’t open to a dissenting opinion to theirs, and will strike out if they feel they are being attacked even if it wasn’t intended as such.

You will get ‘discussions’ like these from time to time, but I usually notice them only when a new manufacturer has hit the scene and you have opposing teams ‘debating’ the reasons why this new company and their respective pieces are better or worse than the others. It happened with Sideshow to XM, Prime 1, JND etc.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:48 PM   #313
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
But there's a difference between "voicing an opinion on something you're excited about" and actually spamming a thread 10 or 20 or 30 times with the same blanket assertions in response to any substantive feedback by a variety of other posters. Made me legitimately wonder if he had some skin in the game--that's all.
Meh, we all have opinions, that's what forums are for, to discuss these big kids' toys. I honestly didn't realise he had spammed comments 20 or 30 times, maybe that's an exaggeration on your part?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:43 PM   #314
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Meh, we all have opinions, that's what forums are for, to discuss these big kids' toys. I honestly didn't realise he had spammed comments 20 or 30 times, maybe that's an exaggeration on your part?
I'd be amazed if it is fewer than 20--not going to go back and count--but it wasn't just quantity it was content. Anyway, we can agree to disagree in general, and I'll bow out of this thread. Grats to those who like this piece--it's quite inexpensive, I will say that much.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:03 PM   #315
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
it's quite inexpensive, I will say that much.
Over the last year or so, it seems like SS has been keeping the pricing on statues lower than what the market would typically warrant. I've seen this extend to art prints as well, as 18x24 canvas pieces would typically be $380, but they've been $350 for a while now. I can only assume they're trying to be aggressive with pricing during the pandemic. Meanwhile companies like XM and Iron Studios have continued in the opposite direction.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:10 PM   #316
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Over the last year or so, it seems like SS has been keeping the pricing on statues lower than what the market would typically warrant. I've seen this extend to art prints as well, as 18x24 canvas pieces would typically be $380, but they've been $350 for a while now. I can only assume they're trying to be aggressive with pricing during the pandemic. Meanwhile companies like XM and Iron Studios have continued in the opposite direction.
I think they dropped the price of canvases because they were having difficulty moving them. They have a few $400 canvases that have 20% off coupons on them for the better part of a year now and they're still not sold out despite such low edition sizes. And yet, I've been waiting for a discount on a canvas for a year now and for some reason they haven't put the one I've had my eye on on sale once since it came out last January! lol.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:37 AM   #317
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The Edition size is too big. I do like it otherwise.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:56 AM   #318
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Well, I'm a Sideshow Ambassador, so I guess I kinda do have "skin in the game", but I'm not buying this.

While I think Bel did a great job on the sculpt itself and even did the best he could to include the lightening bolt, I tend to think Miller's art is overrated and that DKR was good for it's time, but in the grand scheme of things is also overrated.

But that's just my opinion, $675+ saved for me.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:25 AM   #319
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
The Edition size is too big. I do like it otherwise.
Edition size is TBD so how it is too big?
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 04:43 AM   #320
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Edition size is TBD so how it is too big?
Paying attention to CBG's posts is kinda like watching reality tv. On rare occasions it's entertaining but 90% of the time you know you shouldn't be giving that crap the ratings boost.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote