Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #1951
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
There is amazing potential with this, isnt there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I think I just squealed.
I find this to be very cool, and completely plausible, but I don't know that I can see it going any further than this. This is like when you see the Xenomorph skull on the Predator ship at the end of Predator 2, and we all know how well that turned out.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #1952
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Good luck on those HD DVDs, hopefully you can offload them.

What I'm doing this time is making a list of what I want and checking it against store inventory. I go online, put them in my cart and then choose store pickup to see what's available where. There's a bunch of titles that are not available in store though.
That's a good idea. I'd do the same if I was certain I could offload the HD DVDs I have ready to go.

Quote:
I find this to be very cool, and completely plausible, but I don't know that I can see it going any further than this. This is like when you see the Xenomorph skull on the Predator ship at the end of Predator 2, and we all know how well that turned out.
Even if it doesn't go any further than a reference here or there I still love the concept of the films sharing a universe. Looking for the connections, no matter how small, adds another fun element IMO but I agree, it probably won't be much more than passing references.

I know Soldier wasn't a well received film (even though I liked it) but I loved that it was in the Blade Runner universe and there were only 2 references in that film that could easily be missed.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #1953
Marvelito

Quote:
That's a good idea. I'd do the same if I was certain I could offload the HD DVDs I have ready to go.
You can still do it just to be prepared in case they do take them off your hands.

Quote:
Even if it doesn't go any further than a reference here or there I still love the concept of the films sharing a universe. Looking for the connections, no matter how small, adds another fun element IMO but I agree, it probably won't be much more than passing references.

I know Soldier wasn't a well received film (even though I liked it) but I loved that it was in the Blade Runner universe and there were only 2 references in that film that could easily be missed.
I like it too, but I like it more if it just stays that way, rather than forcing them into a movie together.

You know, I never saw Soldier, just got away from me. There was a Spinner in the junkyard or something like that wasn't there? I'll have to check that out one of these days, I'll put it on my looong list of things to see.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1954
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
You know, I never saw Soldier, just got away from me. There was a Spinner in the junkyard or something like that wasn't there? I'll have to check that out one of these days, I'll put it on my looong list of things to see.
Yeah there is a Spinner amongst the debris dropped by the garbage ships. There is also a montage at the beginning that shows Kurt Russell's charcter is a veteran of the Battle at Tannhäuser Gate. Which connects to Roy Batty's line "I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate."
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #1955
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
There is amazing potential with this, isnt there?
That would be awesome.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1956
ReplicantSavior

Did anyone here apply for Amazon's Rewards card? Every time I order they are offering me $50 bonus with their Rewards card. I figure since holidays are coming up that's a bunch of CDs, Blu-rays, or books for free. Unless there is a bad catch I don't know about.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #1957
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Their credit card? That's the last thing I need.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1958
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Their credit card? That's the last thing I need.
You can say that again. That would be nothing but trouble lol
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #1959
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa...... whoa. Soldier was technically in the Blade Runner universe? I did not know that.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 AM   #1960
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...... whoa. Soldier was technically in the Blade Runner universe? I did not know that.
Yeah. Pretty cool. I believe there was also a battle on the Shoulder of Orion in his service record too. Nothing more than that as far as I know.