Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 09-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #2441
patrickwm68
The Flash

That $16.99 could be the Member Price or the Used Member Price. Either way I'll stop by the one near me and check it out. The movie is selling for $30 to $35 on Ebay.

http://www.fye.com/s/product/3179672...y#.UkTHEIZeYXs
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #2442
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I know we have some Hannibal (TV) fans here, and Season One is on sale for $21.99 @ Amazon
That's a great deal for a full season TV show. Now I need to make sure that missed/edited episode is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
The new 35th Anniversary Halloween is apparently available for $16.99 @ FYE stores.

It's an in store deal and the discs are priced at $24.99 but are ringing up at $16.99
Another great deal. But no FYE stores where I am. I think...But there are reviews now saying that this Blu-ray still has problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Damn I wish we had one of those stores here. I want this one bad but it's a double dip so I'm being frugal. Hopefully amazon follows suit.
But the previous Blu-ray isn't that good according to reviews. In fact the older limited DVD version is supposed to be better with the accurate colors compared to the 2007 (I believe) Blu-ray.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #2443
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
But the previous Blu-ray isn't that good according to reviews. In fact the older limited DVD version is supposed to be better with the accurate colors compared to the 2007 (I believe) Blu-ray.
It was one of the first BDs I bought when I got my player as its a favorite film of mine so I wasn't privy to the botched transfer until after the fact unfortunately. Regardless of how bad it sucks though and how much I want the updated release it's still a double dip for me and on a catalog title no less so I have a difficult time paying as much (and in some cases more) than I do on new releases.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #2444
Marvelito

Quote:
That's a great deal for a full season TV show. Now I need to make sure that missed/edited episode is complete.

Another great deal. But no FYE stores where I am. I think...But there are reviews now saying that this Blu-ray still has problems.
I believe that Hannibal is complete including the unaired episode. I picked it up because the price was pretty good and e show has very good word of mouth.

I went to my local FYE store and they were sold out of Halloween, but apparently the deal was good. So if you have a local store go check it out. They don't seem to have a large stock of new movies so I guess you have to get in there right away.

From the reviews I've read and the screen grabs I've seen the new transfer is very good. Better than the last one, but still not as good as the 25th Ann. DVD, but that's really a matter of opinion. Personally I'm very happy with what I've seen and cannot wait to get it.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #2445
Marvelito

Quote:
Regardless of how bad it sucks though and how much I want the updated release it's still a double dip for me and on a catalog title no less so I have a difficult time paying as much (and in some cases more) than I do on new releases.
I am going to hold out until we get a bit closer to Halloween, which is when I watch this one every year. At that point I'll just get it, I'm gambling on a couple of bucks for one of my favorites which I don't already own on Blu. I may cave at any minute and just get it though.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #2446
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
It was one of the first BDs I bought when I got my player as its a favorite film of mine so I wasn't privy to the botched transfer until after the fact unfortunately. Regardless of how bad it sucks though and how much I want the updated release it's still a double dip for me and on a catalog title no less so I have a difficult time paying as much (and in some cases more) than I do on new releases.
Even with the Blu-ray book you are holding off? Some of those books go for a lot when they are out of print. The Batman 89 one went up until it was re-released. And that one just has stuff from the comic and movie book.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #2447
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I just recently picked up the Halloween 35th Anniversary Edition from Anchor Bay for $19.99 and worth every penny.

Anchor Bay did a superior job in remastering the picture and sound on this this all-time Horror Great.

I am so looking forward now to Sideshow producing a Premium Format of Michael Myers as its long long overdue. While there at it they should also bring us a Pinhead, and Chucky PF
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2448
patrickwm68
The Flash

I went to FYE they didn't have Halloween 35th at all so I tried Best Buy and they were sold out. BB was selling it for $19.99.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #2449
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Even with the Blu-ray book you are holding off? Some of those books go for a lot when they are out of print. The Batman 89 one went up until it was re-released. And that one just has stuff from the comic and movie book.
Honestly I couldn't care less about it being a BD book. I know some are into those but I am not. All I want is the film. That being said I probably will buy this in the next few weeks regardless of whether it dips in price before then for no other reason than I want to watch it in the month of October when I marathon Horror films.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #2450
Marvelito

Shout Factory is starting their 31 Days of Screams today. This includes a daily sale on their Scream Factory titles, today's title is Halloween II. Each day a new title will be offered for a 24 hour period.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/ThePriceIsFrightSale