Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-07-2021, 05:34 PM   #27481
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Nomadland (2020) - After losing everything in the Great Recession, a woman embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad.

I liked this a lot. It's clear a lot of care went into its production and now I'm looking forward to director ChloƩ Zhao's upcoming Eternals movie even more. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:41 PM   #27482
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I also rate films according to how much I enjoy them. I'm not saying I think Ghost World is objectively a better movie than Citizen Kane. Even the superhero movies I rate the highest--all 9/10s--I still find a little goofy--which I don't like. That's why those don't get a perfect score.
And some are more goofy than others. Which bugs me a lot as most current superhero comics are anything but goofy.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:44 PM   #27483
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I also rate films according to how much I enjoy them. I'm not saying I think Ghost World is objectively a better movie than Citizen Kane. Even the superhero movies I rate the highest--all 9/10s--I still find a little goofy--which I don't like. That's why those don't get a perfect score.
I agree with this 100%. I am totally serious that I don't get how people think Citizen Kane is the greatest movie ever made. I honestly don't have it in my top 100. It is probably somewhere between Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man and Cannon Ball Run II.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #27484
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Blade Runner 2 (watching for the second time) 10/10

What an amazing film... As a guy who used to have so hard time to show my love and affection for others (it was impossible before the pills... thank you modern madicine... lol i can even complement to my sister now... the joy, i feel is immense, i'm greatful to modern madicine... (teas of joy) ) i used to really identify with Ryan Goslin's character in this film... like i used to identify with my favorite version and only version i enjoyed The TAS Batman... They both couldn't show their affection and love, like i used to... and this makes a lonely life... This was probably what got me in to Batman in the first place anyway. Blade Runner is pure gold... I didn't know that it got Oscars, definetly deserves the awards, just an amazing film.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:46 AM   #27485
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Godzilla vs Kong - 7.5/10

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:33 PM   #27486
ParisDean

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) - The Guardians struggle to keep together as a team while dealing with their personal family issues, notably Star-Lord's encounter with his father the ambitious celestial being Ego.

Speaking of goofy superhero movies ... I had grown accustomed to the humor in this sequel after the jarring first installment. The soundtracks are still superb. 7/10
Old 04-08-2021, 11:47 PM   #27487
ParisDean

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ultimate Edition (2016) - Fearing that the actions of Superman are left unchecked, Batman takes on the Man of Steel, while the world wrestles with what kind of a hero it really needs.

It's marginally better than the theatrical version. That "Martha" scene remains dreadful. 5/10
Old 04-10-2021, 04:32 AM   #27488
Asgard
Deadman

Alita - Battle Angel

I'm a total fanboy of the film and therefore not entirely objective
10/10
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #27489
ParisDean

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) - Peter Parker balances his life as an ordinary high school student in Queens with his superhero alter-ego Spider-Man, and finds himself on the trail of a new menace prowling the skies of New York City.

Tom Holland is my favorite Spider-Man on the big screen. And Marisa Tomei as a younger Aunt May is great casting. 8/10
Old 04-11-2021, 05:25 AM   #27490
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

New Mutants - 4.5/10 - glad this is the last of Fox's attempts at X-men films.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote