Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #171
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Well that definitely makes me question her whereabouts when the planet was being attacked by aliens.
They will probably say she was off fighting some other great intergalactic battle which in turn brings in some new MCU people.

Could be lead in to Skrulls and the Fantastic Four. Screw another "origin story" for them and just have the FF come in guns blazing.

Though how Tony wouldn't know of the FF would be a stretch (no pun intended).
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #172
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
This reminds me of the the lameness of the Sentry storyline from the comics. He was a brand new character created in the 2000's, but they tried to say that he'd been around longer than all of the original Marvel heroes who were created in the early 1960's. It just felt like it disregarded the long standing history of those characters so that the Sentry's creators could give him some fabricated gravitas in the Marvel Universe. I wonder if that's what they're trying to do here?
I guess it makes Ms Marvel the first retcon MCU character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
They will probably say she was off fighting some other great intergalactic battle which in turn brings in some new MCU people.

Could be lead in to Skrulls and the Fantastic Four. Screw another "origin story" for them and just have the FF come in guns blazing.

Though how Tony wouldn't know of the FF would be a stretch (no pun intended).
I just want the FF to be done right. They were such an important part of the Marvel universe when I was growing up and to see what happened to them is sad. I hope they come back in a big way.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #173
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You're speaking my language. Just change FF to X-Men.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #174
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You're speaking my language. Just change FF to X-Men.
At least X Men has had some success. The FF have been dumped on and forgotten. There was a time when everything in the Marvel universe revolved around them. Like they were the heroes even the heroes went to when in trouble. I just want Marvels first family to get the respect it deserves and see a proper depiction of Doom.

...then I want a Norrin Radd movie!
Old 03-13-2018, 03:32 PM   #175
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Well that definitely makes me question her whereabouts when the planet was being attacked by aliens.
If she isn't near immortal like Thor then it will also have to be explained why she hasn't aged in 20 years.

Maybe at the end of the movie she gets captured and placed in suspended animation Ã- la Captain America and is woken up in the 2019 Avengers film just in time to help fight Thanos.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #176
adee
Green Arrow

Maybe she was off some where in space and time became irrelevant.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #177
ukshaun
Hercules

There is something about the actress that doesn't quite sit right for the part. I'm sure they could have got someone else more fitting.
I have the same feeling as when i see Catwoman:

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #178
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I'm sure one of the Infinity War's post-credit scenes will feature Captain Marvel to tie into her movie--like her frozen/comatose body is discovered after Thanos has defeated all of the Avengers. Then the Captain Marvel film will explain who she is and why she is frozen before Avengers 4 comes out where she will take down Thanos all by herself.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:13 PM   #179
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

There is something about the actress that doesn't quite sit right for the part. I'm sure they could have got someone else more fitting.
I have the same feeling as when i see Catwoman:

I think she's very attractive but a little plain. I can't imagine her in the warbird outfit.

and that was never Catwoman but she was damn hot.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #180
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'm sure one of the Infinity War's post-credit scenes will feature Captain Marvel to tie into her movie--like her frozen/comatose body is discovered after Thanos has defeated all of the Avengers. Then the Captain Marvel film will explain who she is and why she is frozen before Avengers 4 comes out where she will take down Thanos all by herself.
But...

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote