Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #841
joyfi2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Pardon my Street Fighter ignorance but Im just curious...

Is the Thai guardian set, source material from a street fighter stage? I mean, are they referenced from a Sagat stage in any of the games? (ex. in the background)
joyfi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #842
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfi2 View Post

Is the Thai guardian set, source material from a street fighter stage? I mean, are they referenced from a Sagat stage in any of the games? (ex. in the background)
Good question

For the price though I cant not buy them especialy considering how much they enhance the display
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #843
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I believe it is just a traditional Thai lion statue. If you go to Thailand they are all over the place. So I guess it is just tradition of the Thai culture being that Sagat is from Thailand. Has little to do with street fighter stage background. Even in Thailand they are usually depicted in pairs so these guardians are actually accurate in its history and tradition. They are said to have powerful mythic protective benefits in front of monuments and buildings.
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #844
joyfi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
I believe it is just a traditional Thai lion statue. If you go to Thailand they are all over the place. So I guess it is just tradition of the Thai culture being that Sagat is from Thailand. Has little to do with street fighter stage background. Even in Thailand they are usually depicted in pairs so these guardians are actually accurate in its history and tradition. They are said to have powerful mythic protective benefits in front of monuments and buildings.
Ah ok, thanks for the info on that.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #845
joyfi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Good question

For the price though I cant not buy them especialy considering how much they enhance the display
Yea I agree, they really are beautiful. I didn't buy them but I definitely admire their sculpt.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:22 AM   #846
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfi2 View Post

Yes, there are many Thai guardians on Sagat's SF1 stage.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #847
joyfi2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Thanks for the input. Yea, it looks like there are many of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	23
Size:	727.3 KB
ID:	108878  
Old 10-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #848
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Too bad there wasn’t a SF1 Sagat offering. Imho, a colossally missed opportunity.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #849
Dragoncurry
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Congrats to all!

I can’t help but feel a bit sad however. As I remember preorder days when you could barely keep up wit the comments and community on this forum.

Our numbers used to be higher than the SS section on preorder day. And our thread even had various other creators in here watching the fireworks.

Sadly that aspect has been dissected. It’s like crickets in here now.

But I digress.....

Congrats all, Sagat is a masterful piece of artwork.

You don't need to be sad. This is normal. As people who entered the statue game over the last 4 years, their collections have grown, they've chosen their preferences, they've noted how much real estate they have to show statues, they've noted the increases in price, and finally, they've had conversations with the key members of their family.

1) Not enough space for the 1/3rd scale I can't imagine most people want statues through their entire house.

2) Loss of respect for the exclusive. The regular is good enough.

3) Ability to purchase below retail bc supply has increased reduces need to dive in PO day.

I don't think it's sad at all. I didn't comment on Akuma, and I was very happy I could buy the version that I did without stressing, and can properly assess my needs. Do I really want Akuma? Do I really want 2 Akumas, with 10 portraits?
Do I really want Sagat?

Compare that to Dhalsim, I couldn't get through the site, was nervous, stressed at work, and now I don't even love it like I used to during the hype period. Looking at my collection now, I think I could have done without Dhalsim and am annoyed I let myself get carried away.
Dragoncurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #850
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
You don't need to be sad. This is normal. As people who entered the statue game over the last 4 years, their collections have grown, they've chosen their preferences, they've noted how much real estate they have to show statues, they've noted the increases in price, and finally, they've had conversations with the key members of their family.

1) Not enough space for the 1/3rd scale I can't imagine most people want statues through their entire house.

2) Loss of respect for the exclusive. The regular is good enough.

3) Ability to purchase below retail bc supply has increased reduces need to dive in PO day.

I don't think it's sad at all. I didn't comment on Akuma, and I was very happy I could buy the version that I did without stressing, and can properly assess my needs. Do I really want Akuma? Do I really want 2 Akumas, with 10 portraits?
Do I really want Sagat?

Compare that to Dhalsim, I couldn't get through the site, was nervous, stressed at work, and now I don't even love it like I used to during the hype period. Looking at my collection now, I think I could have done without Dhalsim and am annoyed I let myself get carried away.
I’ve you’ve been around this hobby for a long time, you’d understand that these are reasons to feel sad.

Unfortunately, things are only going to get worse.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote