Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #10011
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
They look insanely good together. I hope you're able to get one. BTW, I've always wondered . . . what is the gold thing in the background of the Avengers piece?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeheero View Post
That is Giant-Man's Eyes, see link below, Alex Ross explains it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HygustGx5-k
Thanks Northern! I’m more than ready.

Yeah, that’s Giant Man in the background, and if you haven’t noticed already Wasp is in front of Iron Man’s arc reactor.

Quote:
Even though I love the X-Men print I ordered, it's kind of a missed opportunity that it wasn't done in the same horizontal style as the JLA and Avengers art.
O7 was the first one so he did Avengers, Marvel’s premiere super hero team, in the same style. It would be cool if he did an X-Men version. If choosing 7-9 Classic members like Avengers and JL my guess is he’d stick with the classic Late 70s/1980 line up...Professor X, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee and Wolverine. I’d love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Between the two, I prefer the Avengers one.
Same here. I’m a big Batman fan but at heart I’m a Marvel boy. Avengers all the way.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #10012
MapleDonut
Justice League

I'm more a DC guy but the Marvel print does seem superior.
MapleDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:13 PM   #10013
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I for one will be careful not to purchase Alex Ross Litho's or canvas. I think it's pretty dirty to keep releasing the same image over and over, multiple years. This has happened with 3 things that I own from him. Sold out is sold out.
Wish I could agree but then I probably wouldn’t have Assemble. The originals were giclees though so that’s a one up owners of those versions have over us with the later version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
So how many times in total did Alex Ross release this OG7 print? ES?
Good question I’d like to know as well. I think it’s been released in different sizes though. I don’t know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL View Post
I never bought an Alex Ross lithograph. I know giclee are of better quality but what about the Ross lithograph?

Some say they are no more than poster quality. To those who have bought them, what is your opinion ?
I don’t know about the feel because I bought Assemble framed. Looking at the framed lithograph I don’t feel I’m missing anything. I’d expect a giclee to look a little richer, or a little more something, but what I have still looks great to me.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #10014
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quick internet search and I found these links about Original 7

It was released in 2001 as both a giclee with ES 500 and canvas ES 100 at the same time, not counting the PPs and APs, (https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...ner-1880958456)

It was re-released in 2011 as a larger canvas with ES 77.
"The Original Seven" by Alex Ross 10th Anniversary Oversized Canvas Re-Release.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=118538

Not sure if it was the only rerelease until now, maybe the 3rd release, this time as a lithograph. At least it seems they release in different sizes and formats and not just the same thing every time.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #10015
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I guess when it's all professionaly framed up it will look good even if its not a giclee.

I was wondering about the quality because on a FB group there was an art dealer from Marvel fine art, claiming that therr is a backstory to the original seven litho and it was of poster quality.

It had me.wondering what the quality of Alex.Ross is really like. Dont want to spend that much money for a poster quality.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:27 PM   #10016
MTL

I guess when it's all professionaly framed up it will look good even if its not a giclee.

I was wondering about the quality because on a FB group there was an art dealer from Marvel fine art, claiming that therr is a backstory to the original seven litho and it was of poster quality.

It had me.wondering what the quality of Alex.Ross is really like. Dont want to spend that much money for a poster quality.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #10017
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL View Post

That same person works for a gallery and was trying to convince people to spend 3x the money to buy their canvas version.

Their version of the $325 X-Men print was a giclee costing over $1,800.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:57 PM   #10018
Eltjar

Quote:
That same person works for a gallery and was trying to convince people to spend 3x the money to buy their canvas version.

Their version of the $325 X-Men print was a giclee costing over $1,800.
Sounds like really great business ethics
Eltjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #10019
xb24
Sinister Six

About 5 hrs later OG7 sold out on Alex's site.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:59 PM   #10020
Peedi
The Secret Six

Not surprised it took that long. ES is higher than Assemble, less people probably know or even thought about it being on Alex Ross’s site, then there’s the people who already own a version of this... then the fact a whole slew of prints are rolling out all competing for the same wall space... then with SS Con about to happen and people wondering if there’ll be any surprise exclusive drops they may want to buy...on top of however the pandemic and whatever else 2020 is doing has affected many people’s finances, $325 is a lot for many people right now... I think if this was last year O7 could’ve possibly sold out faster. But it’s a lot going on right now. We also don’t know how many AR had compared to what SS will get.