Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-12-2023, 03:25 PM   #51
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I will wait for full reveals to pass judgment, but it does seem with are getting some Ross inspired portraits but with overly shredded Jim Lee inspired bodies.

Yea, I wonder if that is the case. Gotta see the full reveal.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:26 PM   #52
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
Wonder what the price will be, I predict the ones that want to collect this line will need a big bag of cash and love to pay high shipping costs

With shipping being costly and these being 1/3 scale ...yea, that prediction might be spot on.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:29 PM   #53
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I would think Batman will be less than Iron Man. No switchout torso, and no light-up.
Batman has a cape.

And being as it's Batman's cape, I don't think they'll be able to resist giving it some movement- which will increase the size of the packaging, as well as the weight (and probably the circumference of the base).

Speaking of bases, he's going to get a story base with a large assemblage of rogues and bat-family.

One of the reasons I jumped on Cap when it was first offered, is I viewed the price then as being something of a loss leader. It was a huge value for what was offered.
But it was also a new company that needed to make a name for itself.
This is kind of the opposite of how JND approached their business model, but with LBS it looked like a good bet.

When Thor rolled around, I didn't think the price/value proposition was nearly as strong- just more in line with everyone else.

Going forward, it would be one thing if they could leverage economies of scale the way SSC does. Instead they are keeping these edition sizes low/modest. That'll help resale, but not the primary sale cost.
At least not the way I would think.

At least collectors know their track record now, and can take reassurance in that, if they are still hesitant about dropping the money on these.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:46 PM   #54
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Batman has a cape.

And being as it's Batman's cape, I don't think they'll be able to resist giving it some movement- which will increase the size of the packaging, as well as the weight (and probably the circumference of the base).
Thor has a sizeable cape and a massive base, but still came in one box, all for a reasonable price.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 03:52 PM   #55
Mister H
Gen 13

If this indeed turns out to be THE Batman then price won’t be a deterrent for me. I was wowed by the first pics of this but I am very hard to please when it comes to Bats, also we need to see a finished sculpt and paint before crowning this one as king. I will say though that I haven’t been this hyped for a statue since the 1/4 Iron Studios Punisher.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:13 PM   #56
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Thor has a sizeable cape and a massive base, but still came in one box, all for a reasonable price.
I wouldn't expect this to come in more than one box.
I'm just laying out the ways that this may not be priced all that much different than IM when it's all said and done.

Didn't they say the Thor's cape was a rationale for the size of the base -large enough so that edges of the cape were contained within it?
If that was the rationale with Thor, Batman's cape, with its scalloped end and sharp points, would seem to benefit from that mindset even more.

TBH, it seemed like more of an after-the-fact justification to me because the base was clearly something they were creatively invested in, as much as any other aspect of the statue- well beyond simply having a utilitarian purpose.

The price for Thor wasn't bad at all. Just not the bug-eyed killer deal that Cap had seemed. To me.
But it was also quite a bit heavier and larger than Cap as far as the box. That was all due to the base and cape, which I expect is something Batman will end up sharing with it (in comparison to something like IM, which should have a box much closer in size and weight to Cap rather than Thor).
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:15 PM   #57
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
If this indeed turns out to be THE Batman then price won’t be a deterrent for me. I was wowed by the first pics of this but I am very hard to please when it comes to Bats, also we need to see a finished sculpt and paint before crowning this one as king. I will say though that I haven’t been this hyped for a statue since the 1/4 Iron Studios Punisher.

I have to say, the anticipation for this is high. I'm very curious how good this is going to look.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:21 PM   #58
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
The price for Thor wasn't bad at all. Just not the bug-eyed killer deal that Cap had seemed. To me.
But it was also quite a bit heavier and larger than Cap as far as the box. That was all due to the base and cape, which I expect is something Batman will share with it.
I agree.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 06:30 AM   #59
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 10:38 AM   #60
Mister H
Gen 13

Can’t find anything wrong with this. It is already better than any Prime 1 Batman IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote