Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-16-2021, 03:53 AM   #841
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Can this statue really be that undesirable to the wider audience outside of statueforum.com....

I'm eating a whole lot of humble pie right now, because it looks like Specfiction was right......absolutely no need to rush on this at all.

Aside from the Catwoman on Batpod, has anything else from Queen Studios had a "quick" sell out? I actually can't think of anything.
Thanos 1/4 Premium Edition was gone in 3-4 hours. ES 776
Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:06 AM   #842
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
Thanos 1/4 Premium Edition was gone in 3-4 hours. ES 776
But that’s only for the limited quantity for the East Asian region on their official site wasn’t it?

As I know there’s a unit available for preorder from my local retailer.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:49 AM   #843
nameivom
The Herculoids

I consider the black outfit to fit more with the character in the whole of the MCU. The solo film wasn't very well received and she never wore the white suit in any of the main MCU Avenger films. Black suit and hair style will fit better with End Game for those looking to pair her up with other Avengers pieces.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:06 AM   #844
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I consider the black outfit to fit more with the character in the whole of the MCU. The solo film wasn't very well received and she never wore the white suit in any of the main MCU Avenger films. Black suit and hair style will fit better with End Game for those looking to pair her up with other Avengers pieces.
True, it's a shame the black suit is completely inaccurate to the source material
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:32 AM   #845
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Agree, I only have the white suit version coming because it will pair nicely with the Iron Studios Black Widow.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #846
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:03 AM   #847
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

So, I finally watched the movie - I loved it. Not sure why The Task Master had to be female....seems like another "woke" move that was ultimately not needed.....I mean, why not make it so the bad guys kid that was "killed" was his son rather than daughter? It would have had ZERO impact on the story, but would have (at least) honoured the original gender of the character.....

I digress.

After seeing the movie - this statue looks NOTHING like SJ.....at all.....I take back ALL my previous support for this statue. It just doesn't represent the character or actress from the movie. I don't know who approved this, but they need serious help with their vision.

It's clear to me now, why this piece is still widely available. I certainly won't be completing my order.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #848
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
So, I finally watched the movie - I loved it. Not sure why The Task Master had to be female....seems like another "woke" move that was ultimately not needed.....I mean, why not make it so the bad guys kid that was "killed" was his son rather than daughter? It would have had ZERO impact on the story, but would have (at least) honoured the original gender of the character.....

I digress.

After seeing the movie - this statue looks NOTHING like SJ.....at all.....I take back ALL my previous support for this statue. It just doesn't represent the character or actress from the movie. I don't know who approved this, but they need serious help with their vision.

It's clear to me now, why this piece is still widely available. I certainly won't be completing my order.
Queen said they were tweaking the sculpt

My main gripe with the black suit is that it doesn't look like that in the movie, there's shades of grey and the pop of the gold that doesn't come through to the statue

The white looks good to me though, am glad I ordered her. Might need some sort of blue light to make it look the best though
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:43 AM   #849
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

I digress.

Except at Spec Never knew that ‘patience’ meant never.

But how did your opinion change so much on likeness? It either looked like the actress to you or not. Watching the film shouldn’t really change anything given that screen grabs of this film and her many, many other appearances as this character, which I’ve assumed you’ve watched were constantly posted alongside the statue.

I for one never thought the likeness was that good either, and I hope Queen follows through with their supposed adjustments to the facesculpts, as I preordered both
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #850
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Except as Spec Never knew that ?patience? meant never.

But how did your opinion change so much on likeness? It either looked like the actress to you or not. Watching the film shouldn?t really change anything given that screen grabs of this film and her many, many other appearances as this character, which I?ve assumed you?ve watched were constantly posted alongside the statue.

I for one never thought the likeness was that good either, and I hope Queen follows through with their supposed adjustments to the facesculpts, as I preordered both
I honestly don't know. Looking back through my comments, there was a point where I doubted my original opinion (backed up by my wife) that this piece didn't look like SJ. That said, having now seen the film, I'm just certain this piece is too far gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Queen said they were tweaking the sculpt
If they tweak it, then I'm happy for those collectors who buy her. But, there's so many great statues coming out right now, I don't intend to tie up money in a "maybe".
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote