Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #31
cblakey1
Cyclops

If it's any consolation, my friend went to Bible College to be a pastor/youth minister. He's in IT now and passed on the UMC aspirations altogether. See? God does work in mysterious ways.

Make sure you have a second major.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #32
ratchet
Mandarin

No worries Zombie! $0 is still positive!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #33
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
If it's any consolation, my friend went to Bible College to be a pastor/youth minister. He's in IT now and passed on the UMC aspirations altogether. See? God does work in mysterious ways.

Make sure you have a second major

LOL!
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #34
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Here's CK's hands from all he's sold.

Dammit, hobbitman! You're not supposed to make me laugh!

This is a sad thread!

Hope things pick up, zombie! You're young, able & fertile. Go get a job, any job is better than zero in the kitty.

Construction, flip burgers, whatever for now, but just keep it clean. Dirty money's fast but that's not how a man makes his money.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #35
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
everything WILL work out. if Christ is for me, who can be agasint me?

Zombie has faith that God will provide. God always has, and always will. but seeing $0 is still scary haha.

this will only strengthen mZombies faith. God likes to show how powerful He is. if Zombie had tons of money it wouldnt teach Him to rely on Christ.

oh and seriously, anyone want to buy a bowen Juggernaut fs?
I like how zombie thinks! Praise the Lord! Did not expect zombie to be a man of God but it's a great surprise.

Rely on Christ, but keep your eyes open for opportunities. It could be His way of opening a door for zombie. Keep the good faith, my brother in Christ.

Bowen Jugs has always been a grail of mine. What you askin for it? If I can help, I will.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #36
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Oddly enough, I just went back to church after being away for a long time, and the sermon was about being the watchful servant as well as "laying up treasures in heaven/ a man's heart is where he lay his treasures etc."

I felt bad being a statue collector after that

Is it wrong being an obsessive collector?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #37
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Oddly enough, I just went back to church after being away for a long time, and the sermon was about being the watchful servant as well as "laying up treasures in heaven/ a man's heart is where he lay his treasures etc."

I felt bad being a statue collector after that

Is it wrong being an obsessive collector?
well you have to ask your self a few things...

does the thought of selling off your entire collection scare you alittle? is it something you dont want to part with?
if you feel like it would be hard to sell them all away, then yeah maybe your TOO obsessive. Zombie loves his collection, but He would easily sell it if He had to, with no second thoughts.

Zombie does not believe that God tells us not to collect, or have objects that we value. God gave man the talents to make all of these things, surely He wants us to enjoy them as well! BUT if objects become a focus in our life, we need to do a reality check and make sure our focus is on Christ, and everything else comes after.

do some praying, search your own heart, then do what ever you felt lead to do. God will lead you, if your willing to follow.
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #38
derekrodneysim
Giganta

For a guy who's only 21, you have profound wisdom, my friend!

What you said is all true, and I would say I'm bordering on obsessive. And yes, a reality check is in order. Looking at the world's events now, it would be reckless to ignore the parable of the mindful servant. Maybe it may not yet be of Biblical proportions yet, but it could be a sign of things to come. In His own time, of course.

I am going through a tough patch in life with pressure coming from all sides, and the recent decline in my dad's health, and my fiancee breaking up with me just sent me to near breaking point.

Right now, statue collecting may not be the wisest thing for me to get caught up in I think.

I will follow Him, I just wish He would speak to me with a clearer voice, so I know it is He who speaks and not the impostor.

God bless you, brother!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #39
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

well then Zombie wont offer the Juggernaut FS to you then, haha!

it doesn't matter if its biblical proportions, or world peace. God IS Coming. we best be living life in a way that is pleasing to Him.

here's what Zombie has learned about hearing Gods voice. of course, this is how Zombie hears God, and God may speak to you differently. if Zombies faced will multiple choices, its almost ALWAYS the hardest one that God wants Zombie to do.

if Zombies faced with a easy task, a hard task, and a task that makes him just say "No!" its usually the latter that God wants him to do. if we aren't stretched outside our comfort zone, we wont rely on Christ. Christ obviously wants us to rely on Him, so He asks us to go outside our selves; thus relying on Christ.

Zombies not sure what decisions your faced with, but He KNOWS that if your seeking Christ, Christ will lead you.

heres what a quick google search brought up. hope it helps brother!

Ways God speaks

1.Through the Word of God (2 Tim 3:16, Psalm 119:11, 105): This is the most clear and effective way of God’s communication with his people. If you want to know how things works perfectly, you need to read the manual. Bible is God’s manual for his people. But as in case with other manuals, we often ignore Bible. How often do we try everything else, but his words?
2.Through the inner still, small voice of Holy Spirit (Acts 11:12, Acts 13:2, Acts 16:6-7, 1 Kings 19:12, Isaiah 30:19-21)
3.Through the advice and counsel of men and women of God (Prov 12:15)
4.Through the Audible Voice of God (Acts 9:4-5)
5.Through Dreams (Matthew 1:20-21) – There are many instances in the bible, when God clearly communicates through dreams.
6.Through Visions (Acts 10:9-18)
7.Through Angels (Luke 1: 26-38) (Check out Angels and Demons: Bible Study)
8.By circumstances: There is a danger though, letting mere circumstances run our lives, can be opening doors to Satan. So be wise with regards to your circumstances and expect God to speak to you through them.
9.By Inner Conviction and Peace: It is similar to the inner still, small voice of holy spirit. God can give you deep conviction and inner peace about something. (Discover God’s Will – Practical Preparation)
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #40
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Romans 8:28
I know it's over-used but personally, it still gets me through tough times.
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote