Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #4091
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I've been thinking of adapting this mannerism for when I talk to people, coupled with the subtle head cocking to one side.
If you do, be sure to let me know. I'll edit my post.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:42 AM   #4092
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I enjoyed it. Glad they broke away from the comics in a big way. I like the Morgan and Carol characters juxtaposition evolving over time.

And I'll watch the Comedian chew up the scenery all day long.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:39 AM   #4093
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
I enjoyed it. Glad they broke away from the comics in a big way. I like the Morgan and Carol characters juxtaposition evolving over time.

And I'll watch the Comedian chew up the scenery all day long.
They're not evolving. They're just flip-flopping...CONSTANTLY. And learning nothing in the process, it seems to me. Can you really tell me you know what they're thinking now? And how long that will last? I would place no bets on their motives nor decision making. They'll do one thing, then the complete opposite the next ep.

Sometimes Morgan and/or Carol will reach a significant point, and I feel like the show is going to freeze frame, and put up a toll free number and ask "If you want Morgan to choose option A, call 555-5551. If you want him to choose option B, call 555-5552. CALL NOW!!"

How many years into the apocalypse are we going to watch our delicate flowers hit hard by personal losses here or there? I don't think they would've survived this long if that were the case. Time to move the story forward. It's stuck on repeat. (Maybe I'm on repeat. I think I've said this before...)
Old 02-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #4094
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Rick: "I'm gonna kill you, Negan."

Negan: "Wow. Geez. Sh!t man! (weird standing lean-back I've never seen any other human do, but Negan does constantly) You serious, Rick?"

That's pretty much the next two years of TWD, I'm guessing.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #4095
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
I'll disagree with you here. Although it was a longer stretch than anticipated, Carl's death was beautifully executed and rightfully so. He's been around since the inception so it would've been odd to see him die within 10 minutes or so. He needed the full show to lay out the meaning behind his death and how it will affect the show moving forward.

Negan in the dream? VERY enlightening of what's to come.
But if it is just a dream, then that's just Carl's hopes and desires that we have been seeing? The last thing I hope to see is for Negan and Rick to make all nice and become best buds and plant a garden.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #4096
johnclone
The Enchantress

last night I committed to the full one hour and 23 minutes and watched the new episode, I think it is so ridiculous how Carol is now this totally unstoppable killing machine, but whatever. Morgan was great as the nightstalking ninja warrior who methodically killed everyone he met on the battlefield with the pointy end of his stick.

But once again, this show falls back on the following tired idea:

for 30 minutes we see countless numbers of "bad guys" get slaughtered over and over. Then when there's only one left, let's just call him "mopey Joe" all of a sudden it becomes paramount that "we can't just kill ol' mopey joe, because we're not like they are"

that savior guy (mopey joe) will do anything Negan says to do, all the while insisting he doesn't enjoy doing it. Whether or not the guy enjoys his job is not the issue. The issue is that he DOES his job, which includes threatening innocent people, extorting innocent people, and even overseeing the killing of innocent people. It really doesn't matter if he does this begrudgingly. If he is a Negan, then he loyally does his job, and that's why he must die. But no, we must let him go. I just about applauded when the little kid killed him. Well done, little kid. Carol looked heartbroken. Perhaps she will blow him away with a pistol, amiright?

I didn't like how Carl was actually bitten. It was sloppy of him to sit there with a loaded gun, and just allow himself to be bitten like that. Although, damn, the walkers must really have sharp teeth or highly acidic saliva to cut through the fabric like that so quickly. If I tried as hard as I could to bite through a t shirt, I seriously doubt that I'd be able to in under 5 seconds, let alone 5 minutes. But the shirt practically melted when the Carl biting zombie bit through it. Wouldn't Carl have wanted to wear some sort of body armor or even double up on his shirts?

The best part of this episode was in my opinion, the Carl death parts. I liked how this time the important character wasn't just chewed up in hunks in a swirling mass of zombies feasting on his innards. He got to meet death on his own terms, and tried as best as he could to say goodbye to everyone. I didn't get all choked up or anything, but I appreciated the sentimentality of it.

Honestly, I like how the Negan character is portrayed by JDM, but at the same time he is such a dickhead that I just want someone to off him already. The part that is getting particularly comical is how many chances they have had to do that, and somehow just can't seem to actually do it. I am expecting a few more moments like this before the season is over.

Here's one problem with the show now as I see it: There was a time when no character was safe, except maybe Daryl and Rick. Everyone else, it seemed could die any episode, any time. But the show has become so character based, and not story based that now we know that certain characters are not going anywhere. There is no drama anymore. It feels more like F Troop or the A-Team now. Carl's death was in that sense, refreshing. A major character suddenly reveals he is dying from a bite. I would like to feel that sense of drama more often. They certainly don't have to kill off major characters every week to make the show more exciting. Just keep us convinced that it could happen, anytime, anyplace, not just on the midseason or season finales. I think that everyone now assumes that they'll save the real action for the season finale, so hence the viewers will disappear and then come back for the last episode of the season. Unfortunately, they probably won't miss much!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #4097
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
If you do, be sure to let me know. I'll edit my post.
So I tried it on my boss this morning..."Damn...Look AT you, all givin' orders 'n SH!T" (while standing in leaning back cocked head Negan pose). Evidently he isn't a Walking Dead fan, he advised me not to do it again.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #4098
johnclone
The Enchantress

Leaked info about this remaining season!

Next episode: Negan comes to terms with the deaths of his soldiers, Rick threatens Negan

Episode after: Rick must come to terms with the death of Carl, Negan threatens Rick

Episode after: Morgan must come to terms with the death of Mopey Joe, Rick threatens Negan

Episode after: Daryl comes to terms with the death of Carl in this 2 hour special episode, Negan threatens Carol

Episode after: Maggie comes to terms with the death of Carl, Morgan threatens Negan and Carol

Episode after: Carol comes to terms with the death of Carl, Michonne threatens Negan

Season finale: Negan and Rick fight, neither are killed but Rick's shirt is torn and he gets some scrapes on his face. Negan's leather jacket is made dusty and his hair gets a little messed up, someone on Rick's team will get wounded, but won't actually die until the season 9 premiere. Rick becomes very sweaty.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #4099
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
So I tried it on my boss this morning..."Damn...Look AT you, all givin' orders 'n SH!T" (while standing in leaning back cocked head Negan pose). Evidently he isn't a Walking Dead fan, he advised me not to do it again.
Seriously lol. I could picture it so well. Props to JDM for that, I guess.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:22 PM   #4100
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Leaked info about this remaining season!

Next episode: Negan comes to terms with the deaths of his soldiers, Rick threatens Negan

Episode after: Rick must come to terms with the death of Carl, Negan threatens Rick

Episode after: Morgan must come to terms with the death of Mopey Joe, Rick threatens Negan

Episode after: Daryl comes to terms with the death of Carl in this 2 hour special episode, Negan threatens Carol

Episode after: Maggie comes to terms with the death of Carl, Morgan threatens Negan and Carol

Episode after: Carol comes to terms with the death of Carl, Michonne threatens Negan

Season finale: Negan and Rick fight, neither are killed but Rick's shirt is torn and he gets some scrapes on his face. Negan's leather jacket is made dusty and his hair gets a little messed up, someone on Rick's team will get wounded, but won't actually die until the season 9 premiere. Rick becomes very sweaty.
I'm starting to enjoy this thread more than the show now.