Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-24-2015, 01:42 AM   #31
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Getting really tired of the complete lack of constructive criticism. Two seconds of research should tell you this isn't for the Western market and also that they do not have the regular license. Constant complaints about how this isn't ANOTHER generic statue of a Batman character is a complete waste of time.

50% of the posts here are something like "this does not appeal to ME, and it really SHOULD or else XM messed up. I don't care for this or ANY of them, but I'll post here anyway for my e-credit!"

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are more concerned about raising your post number than you are the quality of your posts. I can probably copy and paste some people's posts from each of these threads and show off how they all say the exact same thing slightly altered.

Just ignore these threads if they don't appeal to you. If you don't care, we shouldn't care about your lack of concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You're right. While I haven't been a fan of these Japanese outtakes, I nonetheless can see a market for them, especially in Asia where the sexualized schoolgirl look appears to be a more accepted artform.

XM development should trust its instincts and produce these and test the market. Ultimately, less reliance on the North American marketplace could be a blessing in disguise. The Asian market seems to love this type of design anyway. Historically, the sexualized schoolgirl thing hasn't typically been a hit in North America and may never be.
Instead they just prefer sexualized non school girls in the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'll give props to XM for coming up with unique designs, something that is not easy.... That said, with the exception of Batman they all seem to be to far off the mark from the originals...

I would never be able to tell that was Harley or Catwoman by just looking at the statues... Even Poison Ivy would be tough to recognize.... I really wanted to like this line but I think I'm going to pass, just too different..... Although these will probably sell like hot cakes in Asia....

But for the west customers I think it's to far off the mark

I'm sorry, but if you can't tell who this is the second you saw the picture then it's probably you lacking knowledge of the character and not XM. Same with Poison Ivy and Joker. Only one I could see someone trip up on is Catwoman, and even then I think that's an exaggeration.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:59 AM   #32
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I'm warming to this concept, I think the character design is a good fit for Harley.

The violent/psychotic Japanese school girl theme reminds me of Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:01 AM   #33
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Silverine just give up now. You'll never beat GrumpyBear to win thread credit. This is who you're up against:

And this is Burning Rage over on the Sidshow board:

These two have unmatched thread credit talent.
Haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:30 AM   #34
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

This is the first time I completely dislike an XM's concept. I'm not 100% sold on Yakuza Joker either, but that one could work... on Harley, I think it's completely off mark.
It's not the theme itself, schoolgirl Harley has been done multiple times. John Ficchi did a custom schoolgirl Harley (starting from the PF I think), and it was sold for something like 2000$.
So it's not the theme, but this doesn't seem to work, probably because I can't see it pairing up well with Joker. There's a lot of japanese tradition that can be used for an oriental Harley (female demons, for example), this is one of the last designs I'd pull honestly.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #35
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I'm sorry, but if you can't tell who this is the second you saw the picture then it's probably you lacking knowledge of the character and not XM. Same with Poison Ivy and Joker. Only one I could see someone trip up on is Catwoman, and even then I think that's an exaggeration.
You shouldn't get so butt hurt over peoples opinions....

I think there are two ways of doing this, Option One is taking the original characters and just giving them a slight Asian theme and then there's the Option Two which is creating something completely unique with very little connection to the original... IMO it seems XM went with option 2, with the exception Batman which seems more like option 1

It's all moot anyways since this is being made for the Asian Market and not the Western Market... I was only giving some possible insight into why Westerners might not like them so much...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:46 AM   #36
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Getting really tired of the complete lack of constructive criticism. Two seconds of research should tell you this isn't for the Western market and also that they do not have the regular license. Constant complaints about how this isn't ANOTHER generic statue of a Batman character is a complete waste of time.

50% of the posts here are something like "this does not appeal to ME, and it really SHOULD or else XM messed up. I don't care for this or ANY of them, but I'll post here anyway for my e-credit!"

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are more concerned about raising your post number than you are the quality of your posts. I can probably copy and paste some people's posts from each of these threads and show off how they all say the exact same thing slightly altered.

Just ignore these threads if they don't appeal to you. If you don't care, we shouldn't care about your lack of concern.

Instead they just prefer sexualized non school girls in the West

THANK YOU!!

Seriously, why the hell does everyone feel the need to bash and spam these threads if you're not interested in it?! There are plenty of things out there that we don't agree with, doesn't mean you need to go blabbing on incecently about it. Let your silence speak for itself.

Not only is it incredibly annoying, but it makes it a pain to actually read these threads for useful information (both for us and the studios).
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #37
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
you guys need to read. there is NO normal license. DC told XM to do something new and different. that is what they are doing. maybe down the road this will lead to a full license. but right this is what it is. i think all the concepts are amazing for the market that they sell in............which hold on.........wait for it.............isnt AMERICA! lol
.......im from......wait for it.....hold on......from canada

Wow everyone has their panties in a big bunch for this one huh?

Do you LIKE the harley quin preview? .....do you?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #38
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So, because I am interested in these, and like all the other designs -- I am allowed to provide constructive criticism?

Because I just thought of a change of head idea! How about a head with her wearing one of the animal hats that have the mittens attached? The animal could be a hyena. Fits with the young girl theme and pay homage to her orgin on BTAS.

I seriously hope for the red/black colors. The skirt could be white, the shirt black with a red bra. Catholic school girl-esque and again, homage to her original look.

Also, perhaps more hints to her hating Batman. Maybe have him hanging by a noose on the end of her hammer? Defaced Bat-symbol pins on her skirt?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #39
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
You'll never beat GrumpyBear to win thread credit. This is who you're up against:
Haha.
GrumpyBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #40
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

oh god please nooooo

Not the movie version!!! I hate the Harley Quinn with blue and pink hair! It's the worst design ever!!!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote