Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #771
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Could have been a display piece. Used at the booth or for photos or for one of their shows.
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #772
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
If its a return I believe they put a red tape on it so you will know.
I only piece i have ever received with red tape is a PCS piece.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #773
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post
Could have been a display piece. Used at the booth or for photos or for one of their shows.
No the production Mileena pieces have not been around long enough to have been at any shows.
Kitana was never seen in public and Mileena was only at Wondercon 2017
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM   #774
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They say that, but they do. I am certain some I have gotten have been returns in the past and I know for a FACT that one I returned got shipped to another guy too.
The first thing I do when I receive anything(from a retailer) is check for signs of retaping and relabeling. It's hard to fake that. I've never seen anyone pull it off convincingly.

The day SS sends me secondhand goods for full price, I will send it back without question. It's a matter of principle for me. I hold them to a higher standard than Amazon, where, rarely they screw up and send a return even if you purchased directly from "Amazon.com" and "New".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
If its a return I believe they put a red tape on it so you will know.
That was a PCS practice. Sideshow would be more underhanded about it. I know BBTS has been far better about this. They take condition more seriously than anyone. They double box statues. I'm shifting my purchases to them when the EX isn't essential.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #775
ukshaun
Hercules

(deleted)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #776
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Did anyone return one with a non-working light up base, and with hair pieces broken off BOTH heads? If so, I got yours in exchange for my return of one with a working base, and with hair pieces broken off ONE of the heads
I am so sorry this has happened to you and know exactly how you feel! This should not happen and better handling care needs to be improved on.

I can confirm 100% Sideshow has in the past sent returns to other collectors. I will not go into detail, but I can explain with facts on many occasions them sending a return and of course they will deny it.

Do you think they will admit when they try to slip a return on by to another customer. Do you really believe they will re-tape the same packaging and send that to you to see that it was tampered with? NO... (LMFAO)

If you didnt know they have extra production boxes so they can easily pack it back up in new styrofoam and box for that particular statue; then seal it back up as “NEW”

Each production run they have replacement boxes and styrofoam which is then used to repack the return as “NEW” and ship it out again..

Believe it or not what Sideshow says to the customers will not be true when it comes to questioning if you were sent a return or not. They will never admit they send out returns. They will tell you they destory the return once it is recieved by them, but I can confirm that is not true!

Maybe, Sideshow should have the same rule they ask of us collectors. When they get the return back they have to smash it and provide proof along with the pic of the base # to verify they are destroying that specific defective piece you sent back. They definitely send out returns. Some returns will get minor repairs and then go back out.

I have all the evidence and its not speculation they send out returns, its fact. It doesnt happen often, but it does happen.

Thankfully, my Mileena AP arrived flawless with not one visable flaw.. She is perfect which makes me disappointed that my Kitana did not get the same LOVE when it comes to QC as this AP Mileena.

Im sure the artist that signed the base went over it and maybe did touch ups, but whatever it is Mileena AP is perfect! I wish my Kitana got the same QC love and clearly it did not. Kitana is good, but for such a long wait on a 300 production run Kitana’s QC should have been flawless as well and wasnt compared to Mileena.

I am very happy to have both Lady Ninjas, but the part I am not happy with is that I had to touch up and fix Kitana myself since Replacements are exausted much faster with Sideshow then it was going through PCS.. Getting a replacement was much more available with PCS then it is with Sideshow.

It seems collectors these days also have to be a self made artist in some way or another so you can fix the factories constant, careless mistakes. (SMH)

FLAWLESS VICTORY! MILEENA WINS.... FATALITY!!! PERFECTION!!!

ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #777
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

AP ...
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #778
PermaGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Believe it or not what Sideshow says to the customers will not be true when it comes to questioning if you were sent a return or not. They will never admit they send out returns. They will tell you they destory the return once it is recieved by them, but I can confirm that is not true!
Hehe...that happened to me. (from SS, not PCS)

I got another forum members (the other forums) return as "prize winner". haha

He showed me his pics he sent in. I took some of my pics and overlaid them in photoshop...all the scuffs and problems lined up exactly.

When I sent an email, they denied.
When I sent the pictures, they said they would look into and get back to me...never did.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:27 PM   #779
punisher2000

They dont stand for it... and denied it? pathetic !!!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #780
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

From now on when I return a defective piece I may take a hammer to it first to prevent them from passing it on to the next sucka
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote