Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #301
Biggunz
Loki

Really hope sideshow never carries prime 1 pieces again.

The less power those guys have the better.

They’re Nuts!
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:53 AM   #302
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Yeah, but why is P1 setting up a US and EU warehouse? Why offer more reward points and economy shipping? It's obvious P1 is breaking away from SSC in order to be more porfitable.

I don't know, anything we talk about is speculation. It's possible that it was a response to a disagreement with Sideshow. Whether it be an existing plan brought forward, or just quick thinking to resume some of their international sales. Or maybe Sideshow carried on as normal and this was all Prime 1's plan to stop using them (Although you'd assume they would have gotten it all in place before cutting ties with their western distributor and losing many sales in such a case)

Who knows? All that matters really is that it's eventually resolved by either Sideshow picking them up again, or Prime 1 becoming more easily accessible (more affordable) To more parts of the planet. So long as either of these things happen before the EX City Hunter sells out, I'll be happy.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #303
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Talked with a source of mine that mentioned a Singapore distributor had some major issues with Prime 1 several months ago which resulted in canceled orders. So this issue goes beyond Sideshow and it sounds like it's more of a Prime 1 thing.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:48 PM   #304
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I've always leaned more to Prime 1 being at fault. My guess is a premature renegotiation of distributing terms.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #305
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I see Berserk items on Sideshow's preview page. Any chance they are negotiating contracts one license at a time?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #306
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I believe those statues have been on that page for quite a long time. They just never take them down. Kind of like how P1 still has the Hush Nightwing on their "Coming Soon" page.

Basically, business-type details are not these companies strong suits. P1 has had a bit of a rocky start with their US Economy Shipping, and I imagine if they don't get that squared away they may end up going back to Sideshow.

I've said it for years, I just think they overextend themselves. I mean they're my favorite statue maker, they make amazing stuff. But they tease/make so many statues, it's kind of amazing to me they even pull a profit considering the business model.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #307
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I'm shocked that Prime 1 didn't work this out by now.

To not be at SDCC at all is crazy IMO.

There is no other comic gathering in the US with as much press and exposure as SDCC. I think they're really mislead to not think their presence at these shows was a tremendous promotion for their product.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #308
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

They may change things in the future if the arrangement stays the same, but I understand what you're saying.

I believe they do go to NYCC though.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #309
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I get the feeling that Prime 1 genuinely does want to improve its business situation, but their PO overextension and their apparent arrogance might have caught up to them, and they're currently righting the ship. The fact that they did have a US economy shipping plan proves that they do care about the US market. They know they're leaving money on the table if they do nothing. I bet they haven't ruled out making up with Sideshow.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #310
nearmint
Phoenix

It appears to be a case of horrible timing. P1 seemingly staking out their independence, setting up economy shipping, matching Sideshow's rewards program, only to be thwarted by a 25% tariff.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote